Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Ft. Worth, a MAGNET and baby-friendly facility, has an experienced Level III Neonatal ICU full time opportunity due to an increase in the volume of patients.
We are busy with over 600 NICU admissions per year as we offer advanced services for complex and high-risk infants and a regional referral center for high-risk deliveries
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016, and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Qualified candidates for the experienced Level III Neonatal ICU/NICU RN will possess the following:
Associate's degree in Nursing.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
(RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.)
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) - in level III Neonatal ICU/NICU.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing;
Current AHA BLS/CPR training.
Credentials specific to specialty as defined:
- NRP certifications within 90 days of hire if not current
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
* Critical thinking skills are necessary.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
* Prefer 2 or more recent years as a RN in a Level III Neonatal ICU
* Ability to work with critically ill and complex infants, multiples and preemies.
* Transport team experience is helpful
Excellent customer service skills.
* Basic computer skills - computerized charting: on EPIC/Care Connect.
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Full time: 36 hours/week = (3) 12-hour shifts/week and some holiday shifts/coverage; 6:30PM-7:00AM, self-scheduling;
The Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Ft. Worth offers a 63-bed Level III Neonatal ICU (NICU).
Utilize the following skills: Bubble CPAP, Conventional Ventilator, Oscillators, and JET (high-frequency). RN's may attend high-risk deliveries - (will be trained on this).
- Average daily census is 54 patients
- Over 600 NICU admissions per year
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
* Fitness Center
and much more!
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.