Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas is seeking a Radiographer.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Rotating Call required - must be able to respond within 30 minutes
Minimum Education Requirements:
Associate's degree or equivalent from an accredited school of Radiologic Technology
0 – 6 Months
ARRT (R) preferred, CMRT, CPR. Must be ARRT registered within 1 year of employment
Communication, computer skills
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions.
- Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
- Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
- Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using timeout procedures.
- Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID.
- Obtains patient history.
- Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
- Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
- Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
- Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
- Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
- Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age related factors
- Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique
- Maintains attention to details
- Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or
repeat procedures as needed
- Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS and digitizes films
- Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS
- Prints laser images from modality or PACS
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Adjusts technical factors
- Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
- Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
- Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
- Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
- Stocks supplies
- Exchanges and maintenance of film badges within designated time frames
- Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards
- Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
Professional Accountability and Partnership
- Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
- Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email
- Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
- Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
- Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Perform other duties as assigned
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union