Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Full Time 40 Hours, Shifts vary between 6:30am - 2:30pm and 11:30am - 8:00pm and include weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Required minimum education:
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
Required minimum experience:
1-year relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution.
***Restaurant experience highly preferred***
Meet all city, state and federal certification standards. Will be completed within 30 days of employment.
Required skills (if applicable):
* Reading, basic math, written language in English
* Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
* Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities. * Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
• Understands how to read and prepare simple recipes to department standards and produces high quality products. Demonstrates culinary ability equal to training level. Observe and taste food prepared to verify that flavor and texture meet standards. Learning to correct recipes and procedure to follow.
• Deliver/stock supply items in designated areas in an accurate and timely manner. Follow time-tables for production and delivery of supplies to meet standards. Demonstrate knowledge of inventory items needed.
• Organizes work/area for maximum production, accurately follow production sheets and avoids over production. Read, follow and understand production sheets.
• Through work, employee maintains kitchen and serving areas in a clean, neat, and orderly manner to exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards. Follows “clean as you go”.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.