Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Full Time 32 hours, various shifts between 6:30am - 2:30pm and 11:30am - 8:00pm, including weekdays, weekends and holidays
Required minimum education:
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
Required minimum experience:
6 months experience in a food service position or applicable customer service experience.
Complete all city and/or state certifications within 30 days of employment.
* Reading, basic math, written language in English
* Cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling customers.
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Positive customer service attributes.
* Ability to work as a member of a team.
* Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment while maintaining focus and quality service.
* Serve patient meals, assist with tray set up and prepare snacks accurately and timely according to procedures. Comply with Hand Hygiene and Patient Identification requirements.
* Utilizes basic diet therapy training to assist patients in selecting correct menu items.
* Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties. Records refrigerator temperatures in areas of responsibility and takes appropriate action if there are inadequate temperatures. Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
* Monitor, prepare and deliver floor stock to designated units according to FIFO and check for expired product and/or prohibited food items. Check and log refrigerator/freezer temperatures on the nursing units.
* Demonstrate excellent customer service skills at point of service and in resolution of complaints/ concerns/ questions.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.