Mansfield, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Recovery and Wellness Center
Join a team where Helping Hands and Caring Hearts makes a difference! Texas Health Resources, One of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to work for is dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
Our Recovery & Wellness Center located in Mansfield, TX is seeking to hire a Administrative Supervisor Registered Nurse PRN (As Needed)..
Schedule/Hours: 7PM - 7AM (rotating weekends, holidays)
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
Associate Degree; BSN preferred.
RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Current RN license or compact license from the Texas Board of Nursing Education and current BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support certification. ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support. CPI certification within 30 days of hire. AHA Heart Saver First Aid certification within 90 days of hire.
5 Years Experience as a clinical nurse with previous experience as a charge nurse or similar leadership role (i.e. Charge nurse, committee chair, preceptor) required
3 Years Emergency and/or critical care nursing preferred
• Represents facility administration after business hours and on weekends
• Promotes shared decision making through collaborative/consultative relationships with nursing administration,department leadership, general nursing staff and other department staff Rounds throughout the facility on a frequent (at least 2 times/12 hours shift) and consistent basis
• Acts as a central source for information for all staff
• Serves as a resource for problem solving, decision-making, and policy interpretation, consistently making judgments based on reliable critical thinking and that are evidence-based
• Collaborates with patient care leadership to facilitate resolution of staff and patient needs
• Responds to emergency situations such as Codes and RRTs
• Responds to emergency, rapid response or clinically complex events and serves as a clinical leader during the emergency situations. Assures that resources are allocated to meet the patient/visitor needs and the evaluation for the code is done promptly.
• Communication with other care providers is timely, accurate, and complete
• Demonstrates a positive, supportive role when a change is being introduced and implemented
• Guides staff through various steps of change and positively reinforces their efforts
• Role models the THR Professional Practice Model and Promise Behaviors.
PATIENT THROUGHPUT/BED MANAGEMENT
• Facilitates appropriate utilization of beds, assuring that patient needs, diagnosis, and acuity are appropriately matched to the unit scope of service, level of care and assigned nursing competency/skill
• Utilizes bed tracking systems and other methods to meet timely assignment of beds and minimal delays
• Assures that resources are allocated to care for admitted patients waiting in the ED for a room to become available; rounds on these patients frequently to assure that appropriate level of care is being delivered and implementation of admit orders is not delayed • Coordinates and approves appropriate transfers from other facilities in a timely manner
• Attends all bed management meetings as appropriate for the shift worked
• Troubleshoots issues and barriers to expedient placement of patients
CUSTOMER SUPPORT/PATIENT EXPERIENCE
• Responds to patient, visitor and physician concerns
• Mediates conflicts between care givers
• Facilitates conflict resolution amongst family members of patients as necessary
• Serves as a patient advocate including implementation of Service Recovery (HEART) activities when indicated.
Demonstrates cultural awareness communication and decisions.
• Demonstrates supportive skills in supporting patients and families at the end of life.
HUMAN RESOURCES/STAFF DEVELOPMENT
• Supports units with staffing variances and coverage based on unit/acuity staffing plan
• Informs unit management of staffing or human resource concerns.
• Rounds on unit or departments consistently
o Assists with facilitating meal breaks
• Calls for help from agency, off duty, or super pool personnel works with CSO to cover staffing needs
• Is vigilant for the possibility of mandatory overtime, assuring that it does not occur
• Mentors and supports staff
• Supports staff compliance to human resource policies
• Clarifies and supports all policies governing behaviors and on the job injuries
• Assists in orientation and development of staff and new leaders
• Keeps staff informed of new developments, new policies, and other change issues
• Communicates observations and concerns about staff performance to managers and directors
o Serves as employee health after hours/weekends.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT/PROFESSIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY
• Continues professional education and growth through formal and informal means
• Seeks learning opportunities for professional growth and role enhancement
• Continues to develop nursing knowledge and skills as well as management and leadership knowledge and skills
• Active participation in Nursing/Hospital Committee
• Complies with hospital policies, the Nurse Practice Act and the ANA Code of Ethics
• Promotes and demonstrates the professional image of nursing in demeanor, appearance, attitude and behavior
• Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes
• Incorporates evidence-based practice and research to monitor and continuously impact outcomes
• Provides evidence of participation in process improvement activities
• Assumes responsibility for/participates in projects to improve care
• Works one-on-one with other departments to resolve issues
• Has a strong knowledge-base of regulatory standards; identifies non-compliance during rounding; and initiates correction as appropriate
• Participates in TJC constant readiness activities
• Enforces staff adherence to safety goals in care delivery. Safety checklists/quality controls are completed are required.
o Models the use of High Reliability Organization (HRO) tools in everyday practice e and situations and encourages staff to do the same
o Assists with the development of and serves as a resource to others for new systems and entity based initiatives. Supports ongoing support of these changes.
The Texas Health Recovery and Wellness Center in Mansfield, Texas is an 80 bed residential treatment center for the treatment of addictions. The Texas Health Recovery and Wellness Center will have a twelve step focus and treat adults and adolescents. The Center will provide addiction treatment with a focus on wellness and will include yoga, meditation, Tai Chi, massage, water therapies in the swimming pool and extensive outdoor therapies.