Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources has an exciting opportunity. We're currently hiring for a Physician Network Development Specialist.
Bachelor's Degree Healthcare, business, or related field
Master's Degree Business administration preferred.
4 Years sales and/or business development to include 3 years in healthcare sales and/or
business development. Progressive experience in a multi-site healthcare organization strongly preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong analytical and reasoning abilities,
• Strong contract negotiations skills,
• Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills,
• Knowledge of new value based care reimbursement models and related regulations.
Hours/Shift - Full-time -- Monday- Friday 8a-5p
Responsibilities include assisting in the development of a Physician Network Development Strategy and related road-maps to
achieve the strategy, meeting or exceeding productivity and financial targets, and contributing to the achievement of meeting
the department's overall KPI's. Other primary duties include prospecting, contract analysis, negotiations, contributing to
operational implementation of the contracts and network liaison functions.
Negotiates agreements with physician groups and physicians that result in an adequate network of high quality, cost effective and marketable providers.
Activities will include:
• Face-to-face meetings with targeted physicians, office staff, and other influential leaders to understand practice patterns and determine offerings that could influence physicians joining SWHR physician network,
• Effective communication of SWHR physician network offerings to physicians and other providers to influence targeted providers to become members of the SWHR physician network,
• Complete follow-up meetings with physicians as needed while ensuring that internal and external obstacles to a physician joining the SWHR physician network are identified and minimized or eliminated,
• Facilitate the organization's response to new business opportunities through information gathering, presentation and proactive interaction with appropriate internal constituents.
Meet or exceed personal assigned productivity and financial targets through effective and efficient goal setting, prospecting, networking, and territory management. Duties include account management, needs assessments, value propositioning, handling objections and gaining agreement. Promote and support activities that ensures SWHR
meets organizational metrics.
Support physician network quality and financial objectives:
• Monitor and plan contract negotiations and renewals, including assessment of market trends and competitive positions relative to rate,
• Assure that all contracts follow physician network governance process and structure,
• Support physician network strategies to improve provider and member satisfaction,
• Assist in resolving elevated provider service complaints,
• Support assigned physician network work targets related to quality, cost and innovation.
Assist in the development of the Physician Network Business Development Strategy that aims to grow the SWHR extended physician network. Assist in completing market research to incorporate into said strategy. Have strong understanding of strategy and be able to concisely communicate this strategy to various levels of leadership, physician prospects and other external customers.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.