Denton, TX US
Food - Nutrition Services
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Denton
PRN "As Needed, " Shifts will included weekdays, weekends and holidays, days and evenings.
Required Minimum Education:
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
Meet all city, state and federal certification standards within 30 days of employment.
Reading, basic math, written language in English. Cooperative, discreet, and courteous. Good communication and organizational skills. Positive customer service attributes
Ability to work as a member of a team
• Plates food attractively for cafeteria and patient tray lines.
• Is able to perform suggestive selling easily and successfully.
• Prepares the patient trays accurately and delivers them in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates good customer skills and can perform service recovery when necessary.
• Meets the standards for preparing and delivering late trays and floor stock consistently.
• Understands par levels, follows them when stocking, and does not over or under stock.
• Follows FIFO when stocking items.
• Turns floor stock sheets in accurately and on time.
• Delivers late trays and nourishments according to departmental standards.
• Documents food delivery times and food tallies.
• Completes temperature checks consistently and reports variances to the supervisor.
• Performs cleaning according to cleaning schedule without needing to be reminded.
• Maintains all necessary paperwork.
• Completes procedures for washing/sanitizing, according to standards and procedures.
• Keeps work area clean, stocked and ready for next shift
• Has a good working knowledge of HACCP and FIFO.
• Labels and dates food every time according to department procedures.
• Understands temperature recording procedures and is consistent in taking and recording temperatures per standards.
• Takes proper corrective action when temperatures do not meet standards.
• Has working knowledge of OSHA standards and is somewhat proficient in working with knives.
• Keeps work area clean/organized; “cleans as they go”;
• Has good working knowledge of sanitation regulations and standards.
• Follows safety and cleaning methods with adequate results.
• Follows standards for trash disposal.
• Follows proper hand hygiene consistently
• Performs additional duties as asked by supervisor.
• Seeks out additional duties occasionally that need to be performed.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.