Credentialing Specialist-Part Time
Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Credentialing Specialist for the Medical Staff Services department at Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital.
The Credentialing Specialist will assist with functions relating to credentialing and re-credentialing of physicians and allied health professionals. Responsibilities will include ensuring timely processing of assigned tasks which will relate primarily with processing initial and reappointment credentialing applications; entering data into the MSOW credentialing database; working with practitioners to request additional information that may be required to deem the applications complete.
Part Time 28 hours per week
High School Diploma or equivalent required
Two years of clerical or administrative experience required
Prefer healthcare/credentialing/medical staff experience
Prefer Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS)
Excellent verbal & written communication skills
Knowledge of medical staff procedures preferred
Strong computer skills
Responsibilities: (including, but not limited to)
Reviews and verifies information on applications:
• Prepares/sends applications.
• Reviews application for accuracy and completion.
• Inputs info into MSOW.
• Makes copies of privileges and authorizations.
• Sends letter to member about items still needed.
• Queries National Practitioner Data Bank, Texas Medical Board, Drug Enforcement Agency, Department Public Safety, Board Certification (if not already verified) and Medicare Sanctions. Reviews responses to confirm exact match to application.
• Receives case lists and verifies information is correct.
• Retrieves quality information on physician from outcomes management.
• Sends letter to physician for any items on his/her application that do not match responses received.
• Sends 2nd notices after 30 days for verifications not yet received.
• Reviews red flagged items with Department Chair.
Coordinates communication of the following items after Board of Trustees meetings:
• Notifies members of status and any changes in privileges.
• Stamps and signs all files with appropriate signatures.
• Enters changes in MSOW.
• Pulls appointments from files, files appointments and stores old appointments in files in the file room.
Prepares documentation for Credentials Committee review for appropriate reappointment applications:
• Investigates questionable issues on the application, verifications and references.
• Copies appropriate documentation for Credentials Committee meeting.
• Assists Credentialing Coordinator with copies and books for Credentials Committee Meeting.
Provides other clerical support for the Medical Staff:
• Communicates with other hospital departments in maintaining up-to-date information on address, phone numbers and fax numbers for the medical staff.
Provides reports to staff as needed and answers phone calls appropriately.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.