Dallas, TX US
Infusion Center Mesquite
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas is seeking a Financial Counselor.
Monday - Friday
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
High school or equivalent
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
2-3 years hospital registration, hospital financial counseling or physician office experience preferred
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED:
Requires knowledge of various regulatory agencies, i.e. TJC, Medicare, Medicaid, Federal and Statelaws; data entry skills; good listening, writing, email, and verbal communication skills; repetitive data entry skills.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED:
* Calculates patients deposit, collect payments, and quotes estimates to insure resolution of patients account.
* Maintains knowledge of current THR Financial Policy .
* This includes collection of insurance payment, self pay deposits, Charity protocols and outsourced support from resource companies supporting revenue enhancement by converting self pay accounts into local, stat, and federally supported healthcare programs.
* Accurately collects deposits, obtain estimates, and quotes estimates to insure resolution for patients account prior to, upon, or during the patient encounter.
* Maintains a collection goal of $30,000.00 per month
* Maintains knowledge of all Admission area processes.
* Maintain flexibility to be able to assist in the Registration processes in all service areas as needed.
* Responsible for deploying all automated systems when applicable to include, NEBO, co-insurance estimator, POS, ECARE, Necessary, Stockamp work list, Imaging, and all internet based solutions related to validating patient information related to the patient account.
* Ensure that all processes are followed in the Admission areas as needed.
* Maintains knowledge of local, state, government, and federal programs offered.
* Maintain knowledge of local, state, government, and federal programs offered to better educate our patients.
* Documenting the appropriate information in the hospital computer system regarding the patient accounts and refers Non-funded patient accounts to the appropriate resource for account resolution.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.