Plano, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Clinical Supplies Specialist
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Prefer some college
Two years in an acute care hospital setting required
Prefer experience in the OR, Cath Lab or large hospital Materials Management department
Extensive knowledge of supply chain management; accurate inventories, negotiations, report interpretation.
Project management skills; coordinate planning of supply chain contracts.
General knowledge of financial management accounting, strong presentation skills, extensive PC proficiency with Microsoft Office: PowerPoint & Excel.
Compile and summarize statistical data, using departmental database tools; efficient in database querying.
Ability to design financial management reports in tandem with analysis and forecasting of supply expense.
Usage of basic office equipment e.g. telephone, fax, copier; knowledge and usage of business software applications such as Microsoft Office.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, professional presentation and positive disposition.
• Maintaining appropriate inventory levels for the assigned area.
• Orders all necessary supplies for the assigned area.
• Mid-year and year-end inventory coordination.
• Rotating of stock all other inventory related responsibilities.
• Maximizing the THR reprocessing effort through Stryker Sustainability.
• Responsible for the daily recalls through system related to assigned area.
• Assists with clean and orderly storage of supplies.
• Coordinates all related equipment repairs through contracted vendors.
• Coordinates all charge capture and purchase order process for rental equipment.
Purchasing & Standardization Management:
• Responsible for issuing all purchase orders for patient billable items ensuring such items have also been billed to the patient.
• Works with appropriate leadership groups to ensure conversions and compliance to system decisions for standardization.
• Assists in ensuring appropriate HCPCS coding is received to maximize revenue wherever possible at all times.
• Works with Buyers, Finance department and individual team members to resolve pricing and discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Handles returns and credits for assigned area, assisting with paperwork for completion of any discrepancy or issue.
• Communicate with team members of progresses or hold ups on outstanding issues for payment/credit.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.