Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is currently seeking an Admissions Specialist PRN for their ER Admissions Department.
•PRN (as needed) Must be available to work all shifts within the department - 1st 630a-3p, 1st swing 9a-530p, 2nd 230p-11p, 2nd swing 5p-130a, 3rd 1030p-7a. Must be able to attend orientation/training for 3 weeks during normal business hours M-F, no exceptions. All staff is cross trained to work the Front Desk/Status Control positions.
Required Minimum Education:
• High School diploma or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience:
• 1+ year’s related experience required. Other hospital or physician office experience helpful.
• The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work with very little supervision
• Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication skills
• Requires knowledge of general office equipment, PC’s and associated software packages
• Medical Insurance Verification
• 1-2 years of hospital clerical, general clerical or Certificate of Achievement in clerical or business related course
• Experience in physician's office
• CHAA (Certified Healthcare Admissions Associate preferred)
• Strong Computer Knowledge Base
*** Scheduling experience a plus
• Ability to type, spell, write or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers
• Strong interpersonal communication, documentation, customer service and collection skills
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited too):
• Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently
• Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures
• Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same
• Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
• Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable
• Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership
• Completes other duties as assigned
KEYWORDS: "Admissions", "Registration", "Scheduling", “Patient Finance”, “Patient Access”, “Healthcare Access”, “Access Services”, "Admitting", "Scheduler", "Registrar", “Central Scheduling”, “Patient Access Services", "Hospitality", "Customer Service", "Banking", "Emergency", "ER", "Emergency Room"
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.