Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
The Margot Perot Women's Center at Texas Health Dallas, a Magnet facility, has a newly created full-time opportunity for an experienced GYN/GYN Surgery RN - due to an expansion to the department from 13-beds to 23-beds.
- The GYN department is now 23-beds.
- 10-beds are shared with the High Risk OB department
- Mainly female patients - including breast and GYN cancer, surgical patients
- take additional patients from Main 6 - all female patients - GYN, GYN Surgery, GYN Oncology, urology, appendectomy, gall bladder,
wide range of patients;
- Patients are from clinics, the Emergency department, the main OR and the Perot OR
- Assist with the Admit and Discharge process
- Surgery days are on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Required minimum education:
Bachelor Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
For RNs hired after January 2014 completion of BSN within 3 years of THR RN start date as defined in offer letter.
Effective December 2015 RNs hired or transferring in THR completion of BSN within 2 years.
*Required minimum experience: .
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program..
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Current American Heart Association BLS training certification.
The ideal candidate must have a high degree of confidentiality, and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Basic computer skills, good verbal and written communication skills and service excellence skills are also essential attributes for this position.
Intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
Nurses/candidates for the department are the primary care coordinator of interdisciplinary patient care activities and is responsible for the management of patients throughout their continuum of care at Texas Health Resources. You will be responsible and accountable for high quality patient care through implementation of the nursing process including assessment of patient needs (physical, psychosocial, educational), design of a collaborative plan of care, implementation of the plan with appropriate delegation of tasks, coordination of team effort, and evaluation of patient progress towards outcomes. Acts as a patient/family advocate and seeks opportunities to communicate and coordinate patient care activities
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
* More than 2 years of Staff RN experience in an acute care setting in GYN, Women's Services, Med/Surg areas
* Patient education skills
Full-time: (3) 12-hour shifts/week; Night shift position - 6:45PM-7:15AM; some weekends and holidays required. Self scheduling, schedule varies
* Medical, Dental, Prescription drug and Vision plans
• Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Health care benefits
• Wellness programs
• Paid time off
• Life insurance
• Disability coverage
• Tuition reimbursement
and much more!
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.