Stephenville, TX US
MED/SURG STATION 2-3
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Stephenville
Full Time - 7p- 7a - Rotating Weekends/Holidays
Texas Health Stephenville has an opportunity for an experienced Med/Surg RN. Our Med/surg unit is a cohesive team environment with nurses who improve the quality of care for General Medical and Surgical patients with the following illnesses: pneumonia, diabetes, cardiac chest pains, general surgery, appendectomy, bowel surgeries, ortho, hips and knees .
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• 2016 Becker's Healthcare’s "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Ranked #1 on 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
• Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
• Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
• RNs hired after January, 2014, require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date. RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
• One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program, or acceptance into a THR residency program.
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing
• Current AHA BLS training. ACLS within 6 months of hire.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Patient assessment and time management skills
Must be a team player, have good communication skills and able to work in fast paced environment Effective in managing multiple acute chronic disease processes.
• BSN preferred
• Basic computer skills - computerized charting; ability to input data into electronic health record.
• 2+ years of RN experience in Med/Surg from an acute care setting preferred.
• TNCC, CMSRN or RN-BC preferred
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Stephenville is a full-service, 98-bed hospital serving Erath and surrounding counties since 1926. The hospital offers surgical services, women’s and infants’ services, advanced diagnostic imaging, sleep lab and a wound care program. Texas Health Stephenville has received accreditation as a Level IV trauma center, Cycle III Chest Pain Center by Society of Chest Pain Centers and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. The hospital was named a Baby-Friendly Hospital by the World Health Organization and received Pathway to Excellence® designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Stephenville is about an hour away from Fort Worth, so if peaceful surroundings in a rural area are the style you're looking for in your career, consider Texas Health Stephenville.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state, or local protected class
Medical Surgical Nurse Nursing Azle Orthopedic “RN”, “Registered Nurse”, M/S, “Medical Surgical”, “Medical and Surgical” Nursing, “Medical Surgical Nurse”, “Medical Unit”, “Short Stay”, “Rehab”, “Post Surgical” “Sigma Theta Tau”, “BSN”, “Associate Nurse” “Diploma Nurse” “BSN” “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing” “**Nur” “, “nurse clinician”, “clinical nurse”, “ Neuro Telemetry”, “M/Stele”
“Telemetry”, “Cardiac Telemetry”, “Tele” “Surgical Telemetry”, “Trauma Nurse”, “Med Surg”, M/S, “Med/Surg”, “Onc, “Oncology clinic”, “cancer center”, “Short Stay” “Neuro RN” “Ortho RN” “AMSN”, “MedSurg” “Baylor” “HCA”