Arlington, TX US
MED/SURG STN 42
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital is hiring for a part-time RN Manager for the Med/Surg department. Qualified candidates will have the following.
Bachelor's Degree Nursing
3 Years progressive leadership experience and
5 Years experience in clinical area
Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of industry standards: organization, theory, principles, and research processes, quality improvement and change management techniques, financial analysis, budget process and planning, accreditation and regulatory standards, strategic
planning principles, ability to assess nursing care requirements based on nursing principles, scope of practice, and regulatory standards.
Licenses and Certifications
RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire
• Plan, organize, and delegate activities as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of the unit
including active participation with other hospital departments and leadership to accomplish this purpose.
• Provide resources and guidance to support the utilization of evidence based practice standards.
• Identify and utilize processes and resources that support optimal delivery of data and information to staff.
• Facilitate activities that prepare unit, environment, and staff to meet credentialing bodies requirements.
• Identify key drivers in throughput process, evaluate areas role, and develop solutions to barriers.
• Prepare operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility.
• Manager the approved budget and adjust strategies as needed to meet budget expectations.
• Communicate information from management reports to direct care providers.
QUALITY PATIENT CARE OUTCOMES:
• Plan, manage, patient care processes to improve performance.
• Facilitate delivery of quality patient care.
• Require documentation that meets hospital and credentialing standards/policy/guidelines.
• Demonstrates positive supportive role in change process.
• With staff assistance, develops annual staffing plan and evaluates plan on an on-going basis.
• Fosters reporting and discussion of staffing concerns.
• Meets FTE staffing budget.
• Meets target to retain personnel with the qualifications and competence to support the skill level required and
the goals established for the unit.
• Meets KPI targets for employee performance evaluation.
• Applies corrective action in a timely manner in accordance with established guidelines.
• Budgeted dollars reflect use of monies allocated for attendance at meetings and continuing education activities.
• Identifies talent/contribution of staff and establishes an informal plan for succession.
• Develops and utilizes rewards and recognition program.
• Fosters an environment of growth and advancement.
• Allows staff time for participation in team and committee activities.
• Meets KFA retention targets Facilitates adequate development and number of preceptors.
• Collaborates with new hire support and education coordinators to facilitate successful orientation experience and
outcome for new staff.
• Provides information and encourages community service Provides membership to hospital-wide/ nursing councils/teams.
• Encourages staff participation in clinical practice, quality, and administrative decisions on the unit.
• Maintains functioning productive council.
• Negotiates toward optimal resolution of issues.
• Promptly communicates unresolved unit staffing issues to chain of command.
• Supports flexible scheduling to meet needs of patients and staff members.
• Incorporate customer needs and expectations into daily operations and business planning strategies.
• Promote team building strategies and principles of group process in interaction with staff.
• Develop, implement, monitor and assess processes that impact outcomes.
• Use benchmark data from internal and external sources to identify opportunities for improvement of care delivery and safety.
• Demonstrates involvement in professional organization.
• Participates in hospital/department/system committees.
• Stays current with professional activities.
• Alerts appropriate individuals regarding ethical and legal concerns (i.e. Risk Manager, Compliance Officer, Director).
• Educates, promotes and evaluates appropriate use of chain of command by staff.
• Acts as a role model/mentor.
• Adheres to ANA Code of Ethics.
• Complies with hospital policies and with Nurse Practice Act.
• Active in Reach Out THR and other community activities.
• Makes appropriate referrals to Peer Review.
• Participates in 360 degree evaluations.
• Creates development plan that identifies and addresses areas of needed growth.
• Completes reports in a timely manner. Utilizes various resources for development
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.