Paramedic-Full Time-Night Shift-ER
Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas seeks to hire a Paramedic to work full time in the Emergency Department. This opportunity will be working full time, on the night shift 7p (1900) to 7a (0700), 3 shifts per week with every other weekend required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
- High School graduate or (GED) equivalent.
- A minimum of six (6) months acute patient care experience; strongly prefer one (1) year city/county/private EMS experience.
- Current Texas Paramedic certification
- Current BLS/CPR certification for Healthcare Providers
- ACLS certification or within 3 months of hire
- Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment;
- Must possess knowledge of medical terminology, excellent, interpersonal skills and be customer service focused
- Able to perform basic computer skills - Use the EPIC/Care Connect computerized charting.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (3rd year in a row)
• A 2015 and 2016 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal (in Top 3 both years)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2016 and 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
• Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the world (2016)
• 2016 annual LearningElite award — ranking #44 on the national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• #7 in The Dallas Morning News’ “Top 100 Places to Work” in 2016 (fifth year in a row to be in the top 10)
Fortune and Great Place to Work®:
• #1 as 2017 “Best Workplaces in Texas” by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
• #1 for 2015 and 2016 as “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
• #1 for 2016 “100 Best Workplaces for Women” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
• #1 on the nation's “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” for 2016 by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
• #2 on the 2016 “10 Best Workplaces for African-Americans” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
• A 2016 “20 Best Workplaces for Gen X’ers” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
• A “Best Workplaces for Giving Back” for 2016 by Great Place to Work® and Fortune
• A 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.