Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Health Information Management
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Coding Analyst In Document Denials to work Full-time variable shifts.
Hours: Full-time - variable shift 40 hours weekly
Required minimum education: Associates degree in Health Information Services or related field or 2 years coding experience in lieu of degree.
Required minimum experience:
Three (3) years of coding in an acute care setting.
Preferred: Two (2) years performing billing and coding denials resolution.
LICENSE / CERTIFICATION:
Must possess or be able to obtain CCS, CCA, RHIA, RHIT, CPC within 12 month after hire.
Skills: Demonstrates the ability to locate, research, comprehend and appropriately apply 3rd party payer rules and regulations; analyze and resolve complex coding related claim denials in a manner that ensures accurate and optimal reimbursement. Proficient in Microsoft Office and billing software applications. Thorough understanding of ICD 9-CM, ICD 10 CM and PCS, DRG and APRDRG methodologies, CPT-4, Outpatient Code Editor and National Correct Coding Initiative policies. Demonstrates clear and concise oral and written communication skills. Demonstrates strong decision making and problem solving skills; Personal initiative to keep abreast of new developments in coding updates/technology/research/regulatory data; Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines: Ability to adjust successfully to changing priorities and work load volume.
Duties: Reviews, researches, resolves and trends billing and coding edits. 1. Audits and confirms the coding of diagnoses and procedures relevant to the resolve the billing/coding edits.
2. Reviews appropriate regulatory references to identify/substantiate diagnoses, procedures and modifiers that support services billed.
3. Takes initiative to query the physician for documentation or clarification to justify services.
4. Works in conjunction with Senior Analyst and the CBO for follow up, resolution and trending of coding related denials and appeals.
5. Maintains required productivity standards.
Trends documentation, reimbursement, and coding opportunities for improvement.
1. Tracks opportunities for documentation, reimbursement and coding improvement.
2. Provides information and feedback on coding related software edits, denials issues, reimbursement trends, and billing and coding errors to HIS management, clinical departments and CBO.
Assists the management team with Fiscal Management of coding resources and processes:
1. Assists manager with the processes associated with the weekly DNFB to consistently meet entity/system goals.
2. Meets productivity standards for completion of denial review processes.
3. Performs coding when necessary and requested by HIS coding management team.
Texas Health Resources, is one of the largest faithbased,
nonprofit health care delivery systems in the
United States. Texas Health has 13 hospitals with
2,405 licensed hospital beds, employs more than
17,700 people and counts more than 3,200
physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
The system serves more than 6.2 million people living
in 29 counties in north central Texas. At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect,
integrity, compassion and excellence for all who
come in contact with us, be they patients or our
employees. We are committed to diversity in our
workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across
ethnic, cultural, economic and generational