Dallas, TX US
Medically Complex Unit
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
At Texas Health we are dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
Do you have a strong heart, nerves of steel, and a passion for the medically complex patient? Have you worked with patients with behavioral needs? Would you like to maintain your medical/clinical skills? Are you the most compassionate and creative nurse that your friends know?
Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse to work in our Medically Complex Unit.
rotating weekends, holidays and on-call. Full Time, Night Shift 7p-7a
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
Associate Degree; BSN preferred.
RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
RN license or compact license recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing Education.
Current BLS and ACLS upon hire.
One year experience as a clinical nurse or completion of an RN Residency Program or acceptance into a THR Residency Program.
Minimum two years in patient experience working with adult as well as adolescent psych patient population and two (2) years medical/surgical experience. Behavioral health skills a plus. ED, Trauma, or Tele experience also a plus.
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Models Promise behavior and tenets of Core Beliefs.
- Serves as a positive role model to healthcare team members
- Actively participates in Clinical Practice Model (CPM) shared governance
- Promotes the forces of magnetism and Magnet philosophy throughout the organization
- Stays informed of changes, updates and communications
- Attends in-services and/or continuing education useful to area of practice
- Practice reflects current methodology supported by evidence-based practice
- Practices in accordance with the Texas Nursing Practice Act and ANA Code of Ethics
- Accountable for professional development by identifying realistic and measurable goals at least annually
Utilized by other staff/units as a resource
- Supports cultural diversity through cooperative relationships with all customers
Participates in a healthy dialogue with physicians to promote safe, individualized patient care practices.
Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication
Takes responsibility to manage time and resources.
Recognizes need for cost-effectiveness in daily care activities
Participates in process improvement activities
Proactively takes steps to reduce or eliminate patient risks
Serves as a patient advocate for quality care and patient satisfaction
Works in partnerships with patients to achieve optimum health and well-being of Body Mind and Spirit.
Coordinates and directs patient care activities by identifying and providing those activities which require the judgment and skill of a registered nurse
*As part of your employment with Texas Health Resources, you, and any qualified dependents, may be eligible to take advantage of the comprehensive benefits program offered to eligible employees.
Texas Health Resources has an award winning benefits program that has been widely recognized. A sample of these offerings is below:
• Texas Health’s medical, dental and vision insurance programs.
• Paid time off (PTO) plan which accrues on a biweekly basis according to your status, hours worked and employment tenure.
• Texas Health’s 401(k) retirement plan with generous company match after twelve (12) months of service.
• Life, long-term and short-term disability.
• Health care and day care flexible spending accounts.
• Tuition reimbursement.
• Employee Assistance program.
• Texas Health’s Be Healthy wellness program.
• Various employee discounts on products and services program.
Why Texas Health Resources?
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (3rd year in a row)
• A 2015 and 2016 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal (in Top 3 both years)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2016 and 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (eighth year to appear on the list but is our first time to receive the Platinum award)
• Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
• Largest Blue Zones® Project Approved™ Worksite in the world (2016)
• 2016 annual LearningElite award — ranking #44 on the national list of best organizations for learning and development by Chief Learning Officer magazine
• #7 in The Dallas Morning News’ “Top 100 Places to Work” in 2016 (fifth year in a row to be in the top 10)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence