Arlington, TX US
THPG Release of Information
Area of Interest:
Health Information Management
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources, one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States, is currently hiring for a fulltime Manager of Health Information Management-Release of Information. This position will oversee day-to-day Release of Information for Texas Health Physician Group Clinics. Provide direct oversight and supervision of employees to provide medical record releases to requestors while ensuring accurate release of PHI via the EMR. Must be knowledgeable of HIPAA laws and federal and state guidelines and adhere to legal requests and documentation requirements
Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor's degree in Health Information Mgmt. or related field. Associate's degree with 6 years experience, in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
Minimum Experience Required:
5 years in Health information management services with progressive supervisor/management experience required.
Previous manager or director level experience in an acute care environment with an EMR is strongly preferred.
Required Licenses and Certifications:
RHIT - Registered Health Information Technician required upon hire
Advance knowledge of a complex, multi-site, physician group practices or Health Information Management department. Advance knowledge of federal and state HIPAA laws/regulations as they relate to release of protected health information. Knowledgeable of subpoenas and court proceedings. Understanding of HIM processes in an electronic health record environment with ability to
research, design, and implement best practices. Strong interpersonal, verbal, presentation, and written communications skills with the ability to work well in a management environment. Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with direct
reports, physicians, hospital executives, and other stakeholders. Must have excellent employee relations skills. Must have problem solving/critical thinking skills. Excellent project management skills. Provide input and manage an aggressive
budget. Troubleshoot, isolate, and lead resolutions of issues. Advance knowledge of compiling and reporting statistical data. Excellent computer skills with advance knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Must be willing to travel to various entities throughout the health system.
1) Provide direct oversight of day-to-day operations of release of protected health information (PHI) enterprisewide.
2) Manage employees to ensure KPI, productivity, quality, customer service level, and data standards are met and maintained.
3) Revaluate and adjust productivity and quality standards as the department evolves due to internal and external changes.
4) Develop, implement, and adjust staffing plan to meet work volume, provide appropriate coverage and meet departments KPI’s, including turn-around-time.
5) Develop and implement HIMS staff training program of release of protected health information to mitigate risk to the organization.
6) Continuous scanning of environment for regulatory changes that impacts Release of Information and deploying leading practices to adapt to changes.
7) Identify, design, and implement efficient and effective workflows enterprise-wide.
Quality Improvement/Usage of Data
1) Conduct regular quality audits on staff and processes.
2) Collect and analyze data from various data sources, including, but limited to Electronic Health Record, Call Center Software, eFaxing system, etc.
3) Utilize data to track and trend patterns and identify opportunities for improvement.
Management of Human Resources
1) Monitor employees’ performance, provide regular feedback and intercede promptly to address performance issues.
2) Effectively recruit, develop, and retain qualified staff.
3) Promote professional growth, development, and accountability of staff through regular rounding and feedback to staff.
4) Coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and expand responsibility
5) Identify talent and actively develop skills.
Management of Financial Resources
1) Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets for THPG ROI
2) Manage approved budget to meet financial goals and expectations.
3) Continue assisting with the development of future growth strategy to generate revenue in cost center
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.