Coppell, TX US
Coppell Family Medical Center
Area of Interest:
Certified Medical Assistant
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant to work Full Time at Coppell Family Medical Center in Coppell, TX.
The schedule is Monday - Friday, from 7:00am - 4:00pm and Rotating Saturdays 9am-12pm
Under the direction of the health care provider, Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and well-being of all patients. Accurately preforms preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 1 year of Medical Assistant experience preferred.
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) preferred.
• May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in
questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
• Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
• Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG’s.
• Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
• Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
"CMA", "Coppell", "Texas", "THPG", "RCMA", "CCMA", "NHA", "Certified", "FT", "Medical Assistant", "Full-Time", "Medical"
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work