Manager Patient Access Services
Allen, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Allen
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen, a 73-bed acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area, is currently hiring for a full time Manager Patient Access Services.
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferred: College degree, equivalent experience in Patient Access Services or healthcare related office.
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: Admitting Manager Accreditation is preferred (CHAM or CHAA).
Minimum Experience Required: Minimum three (3) to five- (5) year’s experience in business office management positions in a healthcare or related organization. Previous management experience in a hospital based emergency, inpatient, and outpatient registration as well as scheduling preferred.
Minimum Skills Required: Typing or PC skills, medical terminology, organizational skills. Good verbal and written communication skills.
Work Hours/Schedule 40 hours/1st shift variable.
- Staffing department based on volume making adjustments as necessary.
- Managing payroll ensuring that time is being recorded and paid appropriately. Minimize manual payroll corrections through weekly review of payroll data.
- Ensuring employee attendance at town halls, brown bags, and employee forums.
- Ensures the department complies with regulatory standards.
- Timely follow through and response to issues or complaints (i.e. SALT investigations completed within 30 days, patient complaints addressed during hospital stay or within 24 hours post discharge, and CMS 7 day requirement is met).
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ongoing education of staff on service expections, including service recovery.
- Effective use of Leader Listening Rounds to proactively identify and resolve potential issues.
- Patient satisfaction indicators have been met.
Quality and Performance Improvement
- Understand basic core measure standards and be able to describe how these measures relate to our strategic objectives.
- Develop a plan for incorporating core measure compliance into daily workflow.
- Develop a plan for educating, measuring, monitoring, and improving performance on the patient safety KPIs, including hand hygiene, patient identifiers, and timouts if appliable.
- Create a mechanism for continuous quality improvement on the individual unit, to include at least one focused project per year in an area of need identified by the unit.
- Tier 2 observations with monthly reporting.
- Volume targets have been met.
- Revenue targets have been met.
- Expense targets have been met.
- Labor productivity at 95% or above
- Overtime and call back targets have been met.
Human Resource Management
- Timely completion of employee reviews.
- Retention indicators have been met.
- All mandatory training for staff completed.
- Initial and annual competency assessment of staff completed timely.
- Annual employee health screening of staff completed.
- Ensure that all employees maintain current licensure, certification, and registry as required by their job.
- Vacancy rate indicators have been met.
- Employee engagement survey participation goals have been met.
- Department engagement/partnership goals have been met and action plans have been completed.
- Employee engagement results for direct management meet established targets.
- Recognition of employees through Applause and Shining Star Programs.
- Ongoing monitoring and management of staff performance using the disciplinary process as appropriate.
- Participates in hospital initiatives (i.e. fund raising events and community events)
- Serves on hospital and system based committees as appropriate
- Maintains current licensure and certification as required by position.
- Adheres to hospital and system policies.