Clinical Supplies Specialist
Bedford, TX US
CARDIAC CATH LAB
Area of Interest:
Texas Health HEB
Clinical Supplies Specialist
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Prefer some college
Two years in an acute care hospital setting required
Prefer experience in the OR, Cath Lab or large hospital Materials Management department
Extensive knowledge of supply chain management; accurate inventories, negotiations, report interpretation.
Project management skills; coordinate planning of supply chain contracts.
General knowledge of financial management accounting, strong presentation skills, extensive PC proficiency with Microsoft Office: PowerPoint & Excel.
Compile and summarize statistical data, using departmental database tools; efficient in database querying.
Ability to design financial management reports in tandem with analysis and forecasting of supply expense.
Usage of basic office equipment e.g. telephone, fax, copier; knowledge and usage of business software applications such as Microsoft Office.
Strong verbal and written communication skills, professional presentation and positive disposition.
• Maintaining appropriate inventory levels for the assigned area.
• Orders all necessary supplies for the assigned area.
• Mid-year and year-end inventory coordination.
• Rotating of stock all other inventory related responsibilities.
• Maximizing the THR reprocessing effort through Stryker Sustainability.
• Responsible for the daily recalls through system related to assigned area.
• Assists with clean and orderly storage of supplies.
• Coordinates all related equipment repairs through contracted vendors.
• Coordinates all charge capture and purchase order process for rental equipment.
Purchasing & Standardization Management:
• Responsible for issuing all purchase orders for patient billable items ensuring such items have also been billed to the patient.
• Works with appropriate leadership groups to ensure conversions and compliance to system decisions for standardization.
• Assists in ensuring appropriate HCPCS coding is received to maximize revenue wherever possible at all times.
• Works with Buyers, Finance department and individual team members to resolve pricing and discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Handles returns and credits for assigned area, assisting with paperwork for completion of any discrepancy or issue.
• Communicate with team members of progresses or hold ups on outstanding issues for payment/credit.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.