Arlington, TX US
Data Center Ops
Area of Interest:
Information Services or Technology
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Technology and Security Operations Center Engineer.
Technology & Security Operations Center Engineer is responsible for ensuring maximum possible service availability and performance and integrity for all data systems supporting THR's enterprise business of patient care. Provide support for Technology/Security/Applications/Business subject matter experts and their support of enterprise systems. Provide a central hub of technical communication enterprise security awareness and expertise regarding the status and ongoing events within the enterprise data systems and infrastructure. Perform initial triage, evaluation, remediation and escalation following established incident response procedures.
24 x 7 rotational schedule
Required Minimum Education:
• Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field
• Will accept 2 additional years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
Required Minimum Experience:
• 2 years of experience in a Security Operations Center or Network Operations Center
• IT-ILC - IT Infrastructure Library Certification upon hire, preferred.
• MCSA - Microsoft Certified System Administrator upon hire, preferred.
• CCNP/CCDP - Cisco Certified Network/Design Professional upon hire, preferred
Technology and Security Operations Center Operations:
• Responsible for troubleshooting server/storage/network related issues impacting business and clinical applications/services.
• Responsible for analysis/evaluation and remediation of security events across the enterprise.
• Respond to any number of alarms, alerts or abnormal behaviors detected through enterprise monitoring.
• Follows established industry best practices as well as defined THR standards for triage, escalation, remediation and documentation of security events.
• Adhere to THR incident response workflow establishing impact and urgency of detected events and follow through the triage, escalation, remediation and documentation.
• Updates incident response scenarios and procedures to adapt to changing organization/cultural/system configuration updates.
• Continually validates monitoring configurations and thresholds are meeting business and technical teams requirements.
• Continually pursues a proactive state of enterprise monitoring data system support.
• Performs routine health checks over and above automated monitoring to ensure the quickest detection time for service impacting issues.
• Ensures all activities are documented and tracked through the ITS Service Management or Governance/Risk Compliance, appropriately.
• Ensures process and procedures are documented and updated for internal ITS and business consumption through Knowledge Management.
• Interfaces with the ITS support teams, Risk and Operations Management teams to ensure new or updated systems are properly accounted for across the Enterprise Monitoring program.
• Continual improves competency in Enterprise Monitoring applications, procedures, best practices and standard operating procedures.
• Executes established procedures as it relates to incident response.
• Adheres to Risk and Service Management processes.
• Executes established escalation procedures with both internal and external teams. Responsible for proactive troubleshooting and communication with internal stakeholders/subject matter experts and situation managers at regular intervals.
Enterprise Monitoring/Service and Risk Management:
• Maintains a team focused attitude and work towards creating a healthy, respectful atmosphere.
• Coordinate ITSM processes with ITS teams to ensure effective and accurate processes are followed within the best practices determine by ITS leadership
• Provide support to ITS teams in order to manage and comply with Risk Management processes.
• Make use of EM/SM/RM technologies and processes to maintain accurate infrastructure documentations for all systems installed inside and outside the data centers including cable diagrams/functional flow diagrams and cabinet and floor maps.
• Continually update configuration documentation and ensures these changes are coordinated and made in collaboration with ITS support teams as well as the Configuration Manager.
• Participate in training related to Data Center infrastructure and supporting applications.
• Stay current with industry best practices related to THR technology infrastructure: servers/storage/networking.
• Stay current with industry best practices related to security awareness, risk management.
• Stay abreast of current threats and risks to THR's data availability/integrity/confidentiality.
• Stay current and abreast of existing technology and potential future changes.
• Continually work to improve and increase individual skills and capabilities to improve the service and effectiveness of the whole team.
• Be aggressive in gaining knowledge about supported applications, monitored systems and enterprise best practices.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.