Denton, TX US
Cardiac Cath Lab
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Denton
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Denton is seeking a Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech in the Cardiac Cath Lab
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Call required - 10 days of STEMI call per month including 2 weekends. Response time 30 minutes
Minimum Education Requirements:
Associate Degree in Applied Science or an Equivalent from an accredited School of Radiology Technology or Cardiovascular Technology.
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
ARRT/CMRT or RCIS, or RCES and BCLS upon hire
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 days of hire
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year of Cardiovascular Cath Lab Experience preferred.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Effective communication with guests, patients, physicians and team members. Treat guests, patients, employees, and physicians in a manner consistent with Service Excellence guidelines.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
- Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions
- Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies, medications)
- Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures
- Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID
- Obtains patient history
- Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging
- Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient
- Administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines
- Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed
- Demonstrates proficiency in the scrub, hemodynamic monitor and circulator roles with coronary and peripheral interventional procedures.
- Facilitates correct billing, charging and procedure documentation in the MAC LAB
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
- Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to exam
- Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
- Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
- Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age related factors
- Assists cardiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique
- Maintains attention to details
- Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed
- Utilizes proper downtime procedures.
- Correctly sends and transfers images to Digital Archive System
- Prints laser images from modality and produces CD copies of the digital record.
- Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling and other modalities
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
- Adjusts technical factors
- Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
- Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
- Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
- Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
- Stocks supplies
- Exchanges and maintenance of film badges within designated time frames
- Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards
Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union