Dallas, TX US
Cardiac Vascular Ctr NT
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) is seeking a Cardiac Stress Technician for full time employment.
Cardiac Vascular Ctr NT
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Certified Medical Assistant with two years of experience monitoring cardiac stress testing or Associates Degree in exercise physiology or relevant healthcare field required.
Bachelor’s degree in exercise physiology or relevant healthcare field preferred .
6 Months Experience in a cardiac and/or stress testing environment preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support Preferred Or
BLS - Basic Life Support Preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic knowledge EKGs and stress testing.
• Must possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
Under immediate supervision, assists Echo Techs with patient care related to the completion of echocardiograms and/or stress tests, including but not limited to ECGs, treadmills, Holters, and event monitors, in accordance with established practices and procedures.
• Monitors patients at rest, stress and recovery on EKG and takes and records blood pressures as directed. Conducts treadmill tests, including patient preparation, test performance, and patient recovery. Performs Holter scans, signal average electrocardiograms (ECGs), may scan Holter acquisitions and review data to identify abnormalities.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Prepares reports of test results for interpretation by the physician.
• Ensures correct lead placement and operates stress testing equipment, including entry of applicable patient data.
• Prepares testing rooms and maintains daily cleaning list.
• Collects time of service payments.
• Escalates non-routine issues to the practice manager or physician.
• Communicates with physicians, managers, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical conditions while undergoing or after echocardiogram/stress testing.
• Performs other duties as assigned by practice manager or physician.
May require local travel
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work