Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Information Services or Technology
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Data Warehouse Administrator III for their Data Operations Department.
• 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor' s degree required in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Engineering, or relevant field, or 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree
Required Minimum Experience:
• 6 years with a Bachelor's or 10 years with no degree
• Experience to include:
o 6+ years’ experience designing & developing complex solutions utilizing InfoSphere Information Server version 8.5 products including: Datastage, Quality Stage, Business Glossary, Information Analyzer, Metadata Workbench, Information Services Director, Blueprint Director, Fast Track, and Optim in a Data Warehouse environment
o 6+ years’ experience with Relational Databases and SQL Query language DB2; Oracle also preferred.
o 6+ years’ experience translating source and target models into detailed technical specifications and participating in reviewing technical specifications and developed solutions.
• Production Support Experience Preferred
• Support & Maintenance Incidents, Requests, Timely (KPI), Escalations, Estimates (Labor), Root Cause Analysis, Triage, Communication (customer/vendor), Production Support/Monitoring, Documentation (Updates/Review), Customer Satisfaction Surveys
• Take responsibility for the Support and maintenance of the development, test and production InfoSphere environment.
• Work with the DBA, Cognos Architect, Business Analyst, and Data Architect to make changes to existing data marts, warehouse environments, and staging areas. Support and maintain ETL environment while preserving consistency, development standards, documentation, governance, data quality, and timely availability.
• Responsible for the maintenance and periodic review of process/load documentation and Knowledge Base Documentation, updating as needed while mentoring/assisting others. Consistently complete incidents within service level agreements and assist/mentor others
• Provide timely and accurate estimates for all requests while assisting and mentoring others. Complete triage and root cause analysis on incidents identified in the production environment and ensure proper resolution.
• 95% of Customer Survey scores will be a 3 or greater.
• 90% of Customer Survey scores will be a 4 or greater.
• 95% of Change Notices will be closed by End Time of Notice, measured quarterly. Incident/Problem Tickets - Acknowledgement & Appropriate Description performed 90% based on severity protocol. Sev1=15 min/4hr, Sev2=60min/8hr, Sev3=24hr/72hr, Sev4=7day/30day) Request Tickets - Acknowledged, with appropriate work status and description updated within 5 business days 95% of tickets.
• New Development Requirements (Doc), Design/Architecture (Doc/Rev), Estimates (Doc/Measurement), Development (Doc/Standards/Code Rev), Testing (Plans/Scripts/Review), Communication/Collaboration, Issue/Risk Escalation
• Design, build and deploy high quality, performance, integrated, and documented ETL solutions while following established standards and mentoring others. Design and architect ETL load strategies needed to support required staging, warehouse, or data marts while mentoring others. Collaborate with key members of the design team to design, build, test, and deploy an environment that supports a single version of the truth, actionable results, and flexibility for the future, performance, data quality, and data governance. Conceptualize, analyze, develop, and deploy strategies for data acquisition, transformation, and loading on an enterprise level while mentoring others. Responsible for the accurate documentation and gathering of appropriate metadata for all newly developed ETL procedures using available tools. Ensure that Established Standards, Quality Requirements & Best Practices are followed in all development efforts
• Plan, develop, execute, and document unit and integrated test plans using Optim and other related tools while mentoring and assisting others. Develop detailed implementation plans estimating duration and identifying dependencies; while mentoring/assisting others
• Communicates with customer, project team and vendors in a timely manner and escalates issues & risks appropriately, with little or no supervision. Identify, develop and document detailed ETL data requirements and detailed specifications through the Data Warehouse life cycle integrating with existing data warehouse environment.
• Perform detailed data analysis including data quality and consistency by monitoring production data. Review ETL code/design /test results to verify they correctly load data; meet our standards and best practices, and meets business requirements. Provide timely and accurate estimates for analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment tasks while assisting and mentoring others. Work with the Data Architect, DBA, Business Analyst, and Cognos architect to develop high performance and highly scalable data marts.
• Administration Upgrades/Patches (Currency/Plan/Impl), User Administration (SLA/Standards), Security (Policy/Standard), Life Cycle Mgmt (Usage), Monitoring (H/W,OS,CPU, Storage, Users, Perform), Events/Scheduling. Oversees the administration of the InfoSphere (and related) environment to ensure that user administration is performed to meet services level agreements and standards. Ensures that infrastructure components are used consistently to facilitate effective development of data acquisition, data cleansing, and data storage processes while mentoring others
• Utilizes scheduling capability to automate & schedule data acquisition/cleaning/load utilities as defined while mentoring others
• Responsible for monitoring the InfoSphere environment (and related software) for hardware, software, memory, storage, user, and performance metrics that are critical to normal production operations and make sure the system continues to function in a consistent and expected manner. Coordinate, Plan and install software & hardware upgrades as needed to support currency of the ETL products; while mentoring others
• Process SDLC (Reviews), Service Mgmt Guidelines, PMO Process, Timekeeping/Status, Peak Process, Training (8 Hours annually)
• Initiate, perform and participate in reviews required during the software development lifecycle to ensure proper design/ development/ implementation of all ETL objects. Follow agreed service management guidelines and mentor/encourage others
• Follow agreed PMO processes mentor/encourage others
• Follow established timekeeping requirements mentor/encourage others. Complete required training by deadlines established and complete at least 8 hours of skill education annually while mentoring/encouraging others. 8 hours minimum time to be spent in educational opportunities.95% of weekly time entry to be entered by Wednesday of following week. 100% PEAK Reviews completed within appropriate effective pay period. 70% of PMO Project Milestone Dates will be met.
• Knowledge Skills, Growth, Mentoring, Training, Knowledge Mgmt
• Continue development of technical skills through training, mentoring, and collaboration. Mentor others to enhance skills, process, and performance. Support knowledge management by maintaining all required documentation within the development and support environments. Maintain/Update documentation needed throughout the InfoSphere environment to ensure compliance with established standards.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.