Bedford, TX US
NEO 1 NURSERY ICU
Area of Interest:
Texas Health HEB
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford, a 296-bed acute-care hospital is hiring for a full time Nurse Manager II NICU Mother/Baby
Hours: 8am - 5pm M-F mostly
Graduate of accredited school of nursing- BSN, Masters Preferred in Nursing or Related Field
Five (5) years Clinical Experience with progressive leadership or management role experience
Knowledge of industry standards; nursing organization management; nursing theory, principles, and research processes; quality improvement and change management; techniques; financial analysis, budget process and planning, and familiarity with spreadsheets; accreditation and regulatory standards and the ability to interpret the requirements as applicable to assigned areas; strategic planning principles; ability to assess nursing care requirements based on nursing principles, scope of practice, and regulatory standards.
• Plan, organize, and delegate activities as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of the unit
including active participation with other hospital departments and leadership to accomplish this purpose.
• Provide resources and guidance to support the utilization of evidence based practice standards.
• Identify and utilize processes and resources that support optimal delivery of data and information to staff.
• Facilitate activities that prepare unit, environment, and staff to meet credentialing bodies requirements.
• Identify key drivers in throughput process, evaluate areas role, and develop solutions to barriers.
• Prepare operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility.
• Manager the approved budget and adjust strategies as needed to meet budget expectations.
• Communicate information from management reports to direct care providers.
QUALITY PATIENT CARE OUTCOMES:
• Plan, manage, patient care processes to improve performance.
• Facilitate delivery of quality patient care.
• Require documentation that meets hospital and credentialing standards/policy/guidelines.
• Demonstrates positive supportive role in change process.
• With staff assistance, develops annual staffing plan and evaluates plan on an on-going basis.
• Fosters reporting and discussion of staffing concerns.
• Meets FTE staffing budget.
• Meets target to retain personnel with the qualifications and competence to support the skill level required and
the goals established for the unit.
• Meets KPI targets for employee performance evaluation.
• Applies corrective action in a timely manner in accordance with established guidelines.
• Budgeted dollars reflect use of monies allocated for attendance at meetings and continuing education activities.
• Identifies talent/contribution of staff and establishes an informal plan for succession.
• Develops and utilizes rewards and recognition program.
• Fosters an environment of growth and advancement.
• Allows staff time for participation in team and committee activities.
• Meets KFA retention targets Facilitates adequate development and number of preceptors.
• Collaborates with new hire support and education coordinators to facilitate successful orientation experience and outcome for new staff.
• Provides information and encourages community service Provides membership to hospital-wide/ nursing councils/teams.
• Encourages staff participation in clinical practice, quality, and administrative decisions on the unit.
• Maintains functioning productive council.
• Incorporate customer needs and expectations into daily operations and business planning strategies.
• Promote team building strategies and principles of group process in interaction with staff.
• Develop, implement, monitor and assess processes that impact outcomes.
• Use benchmark data from internal and external sources to identify opportunities for improvement of care delivery and safety.
• Demonstrates involvement in professional organization.
• Participates in hospital/department/system committees.
• Stays current with professional activities.
• Alerts appropriate individuals regarding ethical and legal concerns (i.e. Risk Manager, Compliance Officer, Director).
• Educates, promotes and evaluates appropriate use of chain of command by staff.
• Acts as a role model/mentor.
• Adheres to ANA Code of Ethics.
• Complies with hospital policies and with Nurse Practice Act.
• Active in Reach Out THR and other community activities.
• Makes appropriate referrals to Peer Review.
• Participates in 360 degree evaluations.
• Creates development plan that identifies and addresses areas of needed growth.
• Completes reports in a timely manner. Utilizes various resources for development.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.