Denton, TX US
ICU - Neonatal
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Denton
The Center for Women at Texas Health Denton, a baby friendly facility, has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Level III Neonatal ICU RN.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Full-time: (3)12-hour shifts/week, 6:45PM-7:15AM, including some weekends and holidays, rotating schedule, self scheduling
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
RNs hired within THR after December 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN) , or completion of an RN residency program.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing;
Current AHA BLS/CPR training.
Credentials specific to specialty as defined -
- Current NRP certification or obtain within 3 months of hire.
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Flexibility with schedule.
Critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years of hire)
- Prefer 2 or more years recent Level III Neonatal ICU/NICU RN experience
- Charge RN experience is preferred
- This is for a 10-bed Level III Neonatal ICU
- Stabilize 23-weekers and keep 26-weeks and above on the unit
Women's and Infants departments included:
There is an 11-bed LDR
- 2-bed triage/exam rooms.
- 26-beds for Postpartum/Newborn, couplet care and Antepartum.
- a new OB/ED with 4 bays
- OB Hospitalist 24/7
- The Center for Women is averaging between 200 to 225 deliveries per month.
Promotes a positive image of Texas Health nursing.
Takes responsibility for the quality and accountability of one's professional role.
Serves as a clinical role model to nursing staff and healthcare team members.
Participates in a healthy dialogue with physicians to promote safe, individualized patient care practices.
Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication
Takes responsibility to manage time and resources.
Recognizes need for cost-effectiveness in daily care activities
Participates in process improvement activities
Proactively takes steps to reduce or eliminate patient risks
Serves as a patient advocate for quality care and patient satisfaction
Works in partnerships with patients to achieve optimum health and well-being of Body Mind and Spirit.
Coordinates and directs patient care activities by identifying and providing those activities which require the judgment and skill of a registered nurse
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement program
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts - 1 on site
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
and much more!
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.