Fort Worth, TX US
B/U Med/Surg HT4 Teleme
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Resources has been named a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® second year in a row. We are committed to improving the health of the people in the communities we serve.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth opened in 1930 and since it’s founding, the hospital has provided advanced clinical services, delivered with compassion and commitment, to Tarrant County and the surrounding communities.
Awards, Accreditations and Certifications
• U.S. News & World Report included Texas Health Fort Worth among the best in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as part of its annual 2016-17 Best Hospitals ranking list. Texas Health Fort Worth ranked No. 12 in the state, and No. 5 in the DFW Metroplex.
• Texas Health Fort Worth is a three time Magnet Designated hospital.
• Texas Health Fort Worth awarded The Pinnacle of Excellence Award for physician engagement.
Texas Health Fort Worth has a full-time RN opportunity in their Medical Surgical PCU Department
Our 17 bed Progressive Care Unit (PCU) provides an intermediate level of care to a wide variety of medical and surgical patients at a 4:1 patient to nurse ratio.
This patient population includes patient diagnosis such as arrhythmia's, myocardial infarctions, congestive heart failure, stroke, diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA), EKOS (extremities), and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). MS PCU consists of patients who require continuous bedside monitoring and treatments such as titration of some vasoactive drips, insulin, and BiPap therapy.
Please copy and paste the below link to review and apply:
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing
Current BCLS & ACLS for Healthcare Providers (AHA)
One year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
One year RN experience preferred
Telemetry experience preferred
A high degree of confidentiality, positive inter-personal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Basic Computer skills preferred
Hours/Schedule: Full-time; 3/12 hr/shifts; 06:30 pm - 7:00 am rotating weekends/holidays
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act
Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN", “Registered Nurse", M/S, “Medical Surgical", “Med/Surge", “M", “Medical and Surgical", “MS RN", “Medical Surgical Nurse", “Medical Unit", “Post Surgical" “Sigma Theta Tau", “ “BSN", “Associate Nurse" “Diploma Nurse" “BSN" “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing" “**Nur" “, “nurse clinician", “clinical nurse", “Medical Surgical Tele", “TX, North Texas", “Fort Worth", “TX, North Texas", “Fort Worth", "Telemetry", 'PCU", "Progressive Care", "PCCN", "Travel Nurse", Agency Nurse", “Acute Care”,
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.