Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
PRN "As Needed" - Variable shifts, Must be able to work weekdays, weekends and holidays.
***Most shifts will be from 11:30a - 8:00p***
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
1-year relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution.
Meet all city, state and federal certification standards. Will be completed within 30 days of employment.
Reading, basic math, written language in English.
• Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
• Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
• Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
* Work in all areas of production for learning and competency in food preparation, grill cooking, sanitation, and quality standards.
* Understands how to read and prepare simple recipes to department standards. Demonstrate ability to operate and grill foods. Demonstrate proper sanitation in areas worked and understanding of sanitation codes.
* Observe and taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture. Follow simple standardized recipes. Demonstrate and understands department standards of food quality and recipe taste. Demonstrate ability to correct recipes.
* Check temperature of food items and refrigerated units and follow-up procedures if temperatures are inadequate take corrective action. Demonstrate proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items. Demonstrate proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of refrigerated units. Demonstrate procedure to follow when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
* Deliver food supply items to designate areas in an accurate and timely manner. Follow timetables for production and delivery supplies. Demonstrate knowledge of inventory of items needed.
* Learn to organize work for maximum production, accurately follow production sheets and avoid over production. Demonstrate ability to organize work. Read, follow and understand production sheets.
* Follow established standards for food safety and sanitation. Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow guidelines for safe handling of food. Demonstrate ability to follow established standards for food safety and sanitation.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.