RN - Maternal/Newborn - Part-time Nights
Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
The Center for Women at Texas Health Southwest has a part-time opportunity for an experienced Maternal/Newborn, couplet care RN.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Required minimum education:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
RNs hired within THR after December 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Required minimum experience: One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program
Current Mother/baby, couplet care RN experience in an acute care facility.
Required license/certification: Current Registered Nurse license to practice in Texas or Compact State.
Current AHA BLS/CPR training
Credentials specific to specialty as defined:
NRP certification - if not current, to obtain within 6 months after hire
Required skills (if applicable): A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability
to function in a fast-paced environment.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
- Women's Services specialty certification is helpful.
- Flexibility with schedule
- More than 2 years current Mother/baby, Maternal/Newborn, couplet care RN experience from an acute care facility
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge - with Microsoft Suite and Outlook - computerized charting on EPIC/Care Connect
***This is for the Mother/baby area with an average of 270 to 290 births per month.
- 26-bed Maternal/Newborn unit
- Promote skin-to-skin and breastfeeding support/education
- GYN surgeries
- Quiet time in the afternoons
- Mother friendly designation
- Baby friendly journey
Part-time: 6:45 PM-7:15 AM, (2) 12-hour shifts/week including some weekends and holidays and on-call requirements are 12-24 hours per 6 weeks.
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts
* Nursing Career Ladder
and much more!
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.