Fort Worth, TX US
Labor - Deliver
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Alliance
Texas Health Alliance, a baby friendly facility located in North Ft. Worth, has an exciting new full time Labor & Delivery RN opportunity due to an increase in the volume of patients and recent expansion.
The Women's Center includes the following:
- 11 Labor & Delivery rooms (LDR's),
- 2 C-section/OR suites,
- 4 triage rooms
- 18 Postpartum (Couplet care) rooms -
- 8-bed Level III Neonatal ICU
- Baby friendly designation, Texas 10-step
- Averaging 160 + deliveries per month and increasing
Qualified candidates for the full time experienced Labor & Delivery RN opportunity will possess the following:
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
RNs hired within THR after December 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
Labor & Delivery RN experience
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing;
Current AHA BLS/CPR training.
Credentials specific to specialty as defined:
- ACLS and NRP certifications current
- Obtain Fetal monitoring (EFM) certification within 6 months is preferred
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred. (Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
- Flexibility with schedule.
- Prefer 3 to 5 years current Labor & Delivery experience as a RN from an acute care setting.
- Women's Services/OB Certification is a plus.
- Experience with High Risk OB patients is helpful.
- Charge RN experience is preferred
- Mother/baby experience preferred.
- Circulating and recovering C-sections experience is strongly preferred
Proficiency with computer skills - Microsoft Suite and computerized charting - EPIC/Care Connect
- Very good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Serves as a role model, intra/
interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care.
- Possesses organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment.
Full-time: 6:45PM-7:15AM, (3) 12-hour shifts/week; with rotating weekends and holidays - self scheduling process
- Delivers patient care utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific care-patient safety/infection control measures into patient care
- Incorporates age specific care-patient safety/infection control measures into patient care
- Initiates action to meet patient/parent's need for information
- Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift and inter-hospital, while expediting out of hospital transfers.
- Maintains professional accountability:
• Maintains and enhances nursing skills.
• Serves as patient advocate.
• Communicates per department expectations
• Provides for patient privacy and dignity.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment functioning as Resource/Charge Nurse as needed.
• Assumes leadership of care management team.
- Assists in meeting department/hospital KPI's related to: Patient outcomes, customer satisfaction, financial performance, organizational effectiveness, community health care.
* Comprehensive benefits package
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts
* Free parking
and much more!
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 110-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin and surrounding areas. The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women and infant’s care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women’s imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs. Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence