Arlington, TX US
CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION IMPROV
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Resources System Services
Graduate of an accredited medical or osteopathic school with 5 years of hospital and clinical practice experience required.
1-3 years Previous experience in coding of Diagnosis Related Groupings and care plan and diagnosis documentation and working familiarity with ICD-10 required.
1-3 years Utilization management (UM) experience as a member of the UM oversight committee or past physician advisor experience preferred.
• Certification – PAC-CDI, HCQM, CHCQM-PHYADV preferred
The Revenue Cycle Physician Advisor (PA), is a key member of Texas Health Resources (wholly-owned) physician leaders and finance teams. Acts as the system peer consultant to the medical staff in the areas of clinical resource utilization, documentation improvement, government compliance and data integrity. Monitors documentation and audits patient records concurrently and retroactively for improvement to hospitalists, residents, specialists, emergency physicians and medical staff. Provides education, reviews and counsels medical staff and peer providers on appropriate clinical documentation, patient status determinations and clinical resource utilization. Develops and implements clinical practice guidelines and works with utilization management physician advisors to solve clinical documentation issues.
Provides subject matter expertise with medical oversight to clinical documentation improvement, health information, coding, data integrity, central business office, revenue cycle, compliance services, legal and payor relations.
• Knowledge of medical billing, payor contracts and healthcare business processes.
• Strong understanding of medical billing/coding, with understanding of various insurance carriers, including Medicare, private HMOs, and PPOs.
• Excellent client facing and presentation skills.
• Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills required.
• Professional demeanor; self-motivation and innovation.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Strong working knowledge of Computer Physician Order Entry and clinical information system design experience required. Have the ability to manage information located in multiple software systems.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.