Echo/Vascular Tech-Presby Hrt Dallas
Dallas, TX US
Presby Hrt - Vasc Grp
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Physicians Group
Location; Dallas, Texas
Clinic: Presbyterian Heart & Vascular Group Dallas
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 - 5:00
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
• Registered Cardiac Sonographer
• Registered Vascular Technologist
Associate’s Degree Preferred
1 year related experience in an Echo/Vascular Laboratory
Responsible for performing ultrasound examinations of the cerebral, peripheral, and abdominal vessels to assist physicians in the diagnosis of disorders affecting circulation in accordance with established practices and procedures.
• Produces two-dimensional ultrasonic recordings and Doppler flow analyses of heart and related structures, using ultrasound equipment, for use by physician in diagnosis of heart disease and study of heart. Calculates, measures,and documents appropriate values on the tests performed for review and interpretation by physicians.
• Performs diagnostic carotid arterials and venous studies of upper and lower extremities and venous studies of patients with suspected peripheral vascular disease by following ICAVL guidelines.
• Explains procedures to patient to obtain cooperation and reduce anxieties of patient. 10%
• Reviews test results with interpreting physician.
• Conducts vascular laboratory studies in accordance with the vascular laboratory protocols. Ensures that all vascular laboratory studies are scheduled in an appropriate manner to satisfy the clinical situation. Maintains the vascular laboratory quality assurance database.
• Prepares and maintains operational logs.
• Calibrates and maintains equipment and orders supplies when needed.
• May perform therapeutic procedures such as peripheral compression.
• Communicates with physicians, managers, and co-workers as appropriate about changes in patient's clinical conditions while undergoing echocardiogram.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must possess an excellent working knowledge of cardiac and pulmonary anatomy/pathology, the cardiac patient, and treatment of cardiac diseases.
• Working knowledge of vascular arterial and venous anatomy for carotid and peripheral vasculature.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good computer skills
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work