Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) is seeking a Cytology Technologist at North Point Laboratory located in Dallas, TX (Greenville Ave & LBJ Frwy).
Mon-Friday 7:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Under the direction of the Medical Director and Pathology Manager, completes Thin Prep Pap smear screening and nongynecological screening. Participate in molecular testing with appropriate training if approved by QA Manager. May be asked to participate in general cytology processing when necessary to accommodate staffing issues.
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Experience with ThinPrep Imager preferred.
• CT (ASCP) – Cytotechnologist required upon hire and ThinPrep Test Certification within 90 days of hire required.
• Current CAP Pap proficiency testing passing score.
• Screens both gynecological and non-gynecological specimens within the established workload limits.
• Participates in quality control of the gynecological specimens with the appropriate level of experience.
• Documents the number of cases screened and hours spent screening daily.
• Participates in CAP continuing education slide reviews and complete the required number of continuing education
• hours with acceptable performance.
• Maintains microscopes.
• Communicates on the phone with clinics and resolves problems in a professional manner.
• Generates Monthly QA reports as instructed by Pathology Manager
• Performs other duties a required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of appropriate lab and regulatory guidelines including, but not limited to: CLIA, CAP, CLSI (NCCLS), Texas
• Department of Health, EPA regulations regarding regulated waste disposal.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to work in data entry, processing, testing and reporting.
• Has a good working knowledge of the computer system for result entry and data entry.
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work