Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Required minimum education: Graduate from accredited Imaging Technologist program
Required minimum experience: None
OR experience preferred
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, ARRT(R).
2. Licensed by the Texas Department of State Health Services or Texas Medical Board as
Medical Radiologic Technologists (MRT)
3. BCLS certification required.
Required skills: Demonstrated competency in modality within orientation period, venipuncture.
Work Hours/Schedule: PRN (as needed), all shifts plus weekends to cover for PTO
1. Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
2. Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions
3. Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies)
4. Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures
5. Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID
6. Obtains patient history
7. Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging
8. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
9. Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient
10. Administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines
11. Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed possibility, core duty and/or individual performance goal.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.