Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Cognos BI Developer for their Data Operations Department.
• Monday to Friday 8am - 5pm with occasional overtime as need for Production Support activities and deliverable deadlines
• 4 years of relevant experience and Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or relevant field required
• 4 additional years of relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
Relevant work experience to include some combination of:
• Experience performing systems administration for complex Business Intelligence Reporting environments including Business Objects Enterprise XI (Crystal Reports, Web Intelligence, Business Universes, and/or Xcelsius) or Cognos version 10.2+ (Framework Manager, Transformer, Query Studio, Report Studio, and/or Analysis Studio) or MS SQL Server 2005 to 2008 R2 (SSIS, SSRS and/or SSAS) or Epic Reporting applications (Reporting Workbench, MyEpic/Radar, KB SQL, and/or Chronicles).
• Experience with Relational Databases and Structured Query language (SQL) including MS SQL Server (2005 and higher) DB2 and Oracle (10g or higher)
• Experience in the following: systems security administration (native and Windows Active Directory), performance tuning, maintenance and troubleshooting web application servers, MS Windows host server environments and MS web browsers.
• Experience translating user requirements into detailed technical specifications and participating in reviewing technical specifications and developed solutions.
License and certification - IT-ILC - IT Infrastructure Library Certification - 6 months after hire
• Experience with Cognos (Cognos 11 experience a plus)
• Experience with Netezza
• Oracle 12/Microsoft SQL server experience
• Data Warehouse Modules/principals
• Previous experience in Healthcare
• Self Service Reporting
• SPSS and TM1 experience
Support & Maintenance
• Take responsibility for the Support and maintenance of the development, test and production Cognos Reporting environments.
• Work with the DBA, ETL Architect, Business Analyst, and BI architect to changes to existing data marts, warehouse environments, and staging areas. Support and maintain business reporting environment while preserving consistency, intuitive usage, quality data, and timely availability.
• Responsible for the maintenance and periodic review of the Knowledge Base Documentation, updating as needed while mentoring/assisting others.
• Consistently complete incidents within service level agreements and assist/mentor others.
• Provide timely and accurate estimates for all requests while assisting and mentoring others.
• Complete triage and root cause analysis on incidents identified in the production environment and ensure proper resolution.
• Meet or exceed defined Service Level Agreements including, but not limited to: Customer Service scores, Change Notice closures, Incident/Problem Ticket resolutions, and Request Tickets completion, etc.
• Design, build and deploy actionable reporting solutions while following established standards and mentoring others.
• Collaborate on design and architecture of required data marts to provide an accurate and performing reporting environment while mentoring others.
• Collaborate with key members of the design team to design, build, test, and deploy an environment that supports a single version of the truth, actionable results, flexibility for the future, and self-service.
• Conceptualize, analyze, develop, and deploy strategies for reporting on an enterprise level while mentoring others.
• Responsible for the accurate documentation of all newly developed reports using available tools
• Ensure that Established Standards, Quality Requirements & Best Practices are followed in all development efforts.
• Develop, execute, and document complete and accurate structured system acceptance test plans while mentoring/assisting others.
• Develop detailed implementation plans while mentoring/assisting others.
• Communicates with customer, project team and vendors in a timely manner and escalates issues and risks appropriately, with little or no supervision.
• Identify, develop and document detailed Reporting requirements and detailed specifications through the Data
Warehouse life cycle integrating with existing data warehouse environment.
• Review reporting code/design documents to verify accuracy; meet our standards and best practices, and meets business requirements.
• Provide timely and accurate estimates for analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment tasks while assisting and mentoring others.
• Work with the Data Architect, DBA, Business Analyst, and ETL Architect to develop high performance and highly scalable data marts.
• Manage and maintain documentation and configuration control libraries for production reporting code while assisting and mentoring others.
• ETL Architect to develop high performance and highly scalable data marts.
• Assists with the administration of the Cognos environments to ensure that user administration is performed to meet services level agreements and standards.
• Ensures that infrastructure components are used consistently to facilitate effective development of reporting processes and intuitive end user reporting while mentoring others.
• Utilizes scheduling capability to schedule and deliver reports as defined while mentoring others.
• Responsible for monitoring and auditing the Cognos environments for hardware, software, memory, storage, user, report utilization and performance metrics that are critical to normal production operations and make sure the system continues to function in a consistent and expected manner.
• Coordinate, plan and install software & hardware upgrades as needed to support currency of the reporting products; while mentoring others.
• Provide long-term plan and inputs for the budgeting process to insure major platform upgrades and support are appropriately budgeted and prioritized.
• Initiate, perform and participate in reviews required during the software development life-cycle to ensure proper design/development/implementation of all reporting objects.
• Follow agreed service management guidelines and mentor/encourage others.
• Follow agreed PMO processes mentor/encourage others.
• Follow established timekeeping requirements mentor/encourage others.
• Complete required training by deadlines established and complete required ongoing skill education annually while mentoring/encouraging others.
• Ensures timely entry of weekly time, ensures PEAK reviews completed within appropriate effective pay period and PMO Project Milestone Dates will be met according to prescribed guidelines.
• Continue development of technical skills through training, mentoring, and collaboration.
• Mentor others to enhance skills, process, and performance.
• Support knowledge management by maintaining all required documentation within the development and support environments.
• Maintain/Update documentation needed throughout the Infosphere & Cognos environment to ensure compliance with established standards.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.