Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
The Margot Perot Women's Center at Texas Health Dallas, a MAGNET and baby-friendly facility, has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Maternal/Newborn (couplet care) RN.
- The Family Centered Care Unit
- Now a Maternal/Newborn, couplet care department
- Average between 450-500 deliveries per month
- Quiet time on unit in the afternoons
- Texas 10-step
- Baby friendly designation
- 2 Mother/baby units
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
* Required minimum education:
Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
Effective December 2015 RNs hired or transferring in THR completion of BSN within 2 years.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
Maternal/Newborn, couplet care RN experience.
Current RN licensure to practice in the state of Texas; and
Current AHA BLS/CPR training certification
Credentials specific to specialty as defined:
Prefer current NRP certification - to obtain within 6 months of hire.
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability
to function in a fast-paced environment.
Intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care.
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is strongly preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 2 years from date of hire)
* More than 2 years of Staff RN experience in an acute care setting in Maternal/Newborn, couplet care
* Mother/baby, couplet care RN experience
* Patient education skills
* Breastfeeding education and support
Full-time: (3) 12-hour shifts/week; Night shift position - 6:30PM-7:00AM; rotating weekends and holidays required. Self scheduling, schedule varies
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015 and 2016 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
* Medical, Dental, Prescription drug and Vision plans
• Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Health care benefits
• Wellness programs
• Paid time off
• Life insurance
• Disability coverage
• Tuition reimbursement
• Long Term Care Insurance
Other benefits: Flex Dollars, Adoption Assistance, Credit Union, On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers at select locations
and much more!
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.