Allen, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Allen
Full Time, 40 Hours, Variable Shifts including weekdays, weekend and holidays
Minimum Education Required:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Culinary Arts degree preferred.
Minimum Experience Required:
Fours years relevant experience in a high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution.
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: Complete all city and/or state certifications within 30 days of hire.
Minimum Skills Required:
Ability to prepare aesthetically pleasing and appetizing menus.
Demonstrated food creativity on a daily basis as recognized by Director/Manger/
Ability to operate kitchen and instruct on all kitchen and cafeteria cooking/holding equipment. Computer skills preferred.
Good communication and organizational skills to exercise independent judgment.
Ability to exercise independent judgment.
Food Service Operations
- In the absence of Production Supervisor or Food Service Director/Manager, plan menu substitutions and supervise in designated areas.
- Utilize creativity and training in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
- Observe and taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards.
- May also be required to taste food prepared by other cooks.
- Demonstrates creativity in food presentation in both bulk service and individual plating.
- Organize work for maximum production; accurately read, follow, understand production sheets, and avoid over production.
- Make recipe or menu changes so that foods will be utilized before expiration date.
- Consult on special meals, events, and menus. Assist in menu choices, and recipe development. Serve as a member of the menu design team.
- Maintain kitchen and serving areas in a clean, neat, and orderly manner in accordance with department and TDH sanitation standards. Organizes work/area for maximum production, follows “clean as you go”.
Quality and Safety:
- Produce high quality products.
- Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste.
- Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
- Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
- Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
- Take appropriate action when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
- Understands the FIFO system of food production.
- Ability to follow / learn OSHA safety guidelines and safe knife skills.
- Assist with training and education of staff in culinary skills.
- Actively participates in hospital initiatives or committees as appropriate.
- Attends 75% of department staff meetings and town halls.
- Adheres to system, hospital, and department policies and procedures.
- Completes mandatory training by established deadline.
- Completes employee health requirements by established deadline.
- Maintains licensure, certification, and/or registry as required by the job description.
- Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.