Cleburne, TX US
HIS Records Management
Area of Interest:
Health Information Management
Texas Health Cleburne
Texas Health Resources seeks an HIM Clerk to work PRN.
Hours: Days Variable; Flexible after 8 pm
Location: Will pick up at Texas Health Cleburne
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma
Minimum Experience Required: Six months in healthcare of office setting or previous customer service experience.
Minimum Required Skills: Excellent customer service skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Basic computer and office equipment skills. Ability to work independently and self-motivated.
Collects prepared medical records/documents for courier collection:
1. Retrieves point of care records of discharged patients from assigned patient care areas.
2. Completes Scan Alert and posts to charts for records retrieved at the point of care.
Document/Record preparation and delivery:
1. Prepares collected medical records/documents for courier collection.
2. Measures and records number of inches collected utilizing reporting tool.
3. Places batches in appropriate collection bin/bag and secures with locking tags or lock.
4. Delivers bin/bag to designed area for courier collection.
5. Transports empty bin/bag left by courier to assigned area.
Assists internal and external customers as needed:
1. Interacts with clinical areas to retrieve point of care documents and records of discharged patients.
2. Interacts with hospital staff in courier collection areas.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.