Allen, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Allen
Part Time, variable hours including weekdays, weekends and holidays.
Required Minimum Education:
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
Required Minimum Experience:
Six months experience in a food service position or applicable customer service experience.
Complete all city and/or state certifications within 30 days of hire.
*Reading, basic math, written language in English.
*Cooperative, discreet, and courteous in handling customers.
*Good communication and organizational skills.
*Positive customer service attributes. Ability to work as a member of a team.
*Ability to work in an extremely fast paced environment while maintaining focus and quality service.
Patient Care/Technical Skills
- Utilizes basic diet therapy training to assist patients in selecting correct menu items.
- Offers food substitutions that are within the diet order.
- Explain basic diet knowledge to patients.
- Monitor, prepare and deliver floor stock to designated units using stock sheets and FIFO methodology.
- Check for expired product and/or prohibited food items removing them as appropriate.
- Check and log refrigerator/freezer temperatures on the nursing units.
- Serve patient meals, assist with tray set up and prepare snacks accurately and timely according to procedures.
- Ensure all items are on the patient's tray and obtain any missing items promptly.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills at point of service and in resolution of complaints/ concerns/ questions.
Quality and Safety
- Maintains food safety requirements according to HACCP and department standards in the performance of all duties.
- Records refrigerator temperatures in areas of responsibility and takes appropriate action if there are inadequate temperatures.
- Promptly notify management of food or equipment issues.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area, ensuring compliance with health department and facility requirements.
- Comply with Hand Hygiene and Patient Identification requirements.
- Actively participates in hospital initiatives or committees as appropriate.
- Attends 75% of department staff meetings and town halls.
- Adheres to system, hospital, and department policies and procedures.
- Completes mandatory training by established deadline.
- Completes employee health requirements by established deadline.
- Maintains licensure, certification, and/or registry as required by the job description.
- Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional affiliations.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.