Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas is seeking a RAD Mammographer in the Breast Center Department.
Full Time: 36 hours per week
Weekdays 7:30am to 5:00pm floating schedule
Minimum Education Requirements:
Graduate of an accredited Radiography program.
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
R.T. (R)(M) (ARRT) RRT, registered in Mammography. CMRT (Texas Certified Medical Radiographer)
Advanced certification in mammography or advanced certification eligible
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year of experience in Mammography, preferably in a hospital setting.
Experience with Stereotactic Biopsy, DEXA, and Equipment QC a plus
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Ability to perform all Mammography procedures, as prescribed by the ordering physician, under the supervision of the Radiologists
Ability to produce high quality mammography with special views as directed by the Radiologist
Excellent verbal and writing skills
Ability to organize and analyze information
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrate knowledge of Mammography procedures and apply appropriate scanning parameters and ALARA principals, while utilizing the Mammography unit(s) appropriately.
• Perform all QA/QC needed on the pertinent equipment assigned; interpret and record data from QC tests and act accordingly.
• Following all scanning parameter protocols and adjusting accordingly, when needed
• Communicating changes in protocol to the interpreting Radiologist
• Following Radiation safety guidelines and shields appropriately
• Assisting in Radiology as needed and/or requested
• Utilizing PACS system for image transfer, retrieval, and storage
• Completing all procedures utilizing the RIS system and enter all data needed for patient care and throughput
• Treating all patients with empathy and kindness and maintaining professionalism throughout the patient encounter.
• Assisting patients with any and all needs they have and striving for complete patient satisfaction during their encounter.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union