Certified Sterile Processing Tech
Dallas, TX US
CS STERILE PROCESSING
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas is seeking a Certified Sterile Processing Tech in the CS Sterile Processing Department
Full Time: 40 hours per week
15:00 to 23:30 M-F with every third weekend work.
Minimum Education Required:
High School Graduate or G.E.D.
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Sterile Processing experience preferred
Minimum Certification/Licensure Requirements:
Sterile Process certification required
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs transport duties for decontamination process
- Perform scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system
- Demonstrate decontamination process according to policy and procedure: Cleaning of instruments manually, Using automated cleaners, Ultrasonic washer, Index washer, Instrument washer, and cart washer
- Retrieves equipment/instruments from user areas that have been used
- Rounds made in a timely manner for the areas involved
- Report discrepancies on missing items to SPD supervisor
- Scan all instrument trays when they are returned to the decontamination area
- Inspect manually cleaned items and free of any debris
- Properly prepares the items for cleaning in automatic washers
- Open box locks
- Check for open lumens
- Arrange instruments to allow for thorough cleaning in unit
- Operate the unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions
-Reports broken equipment to supervisor and/or delivers to Engineering/Biomed
- Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.