Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Required Education - Bachelors degree
Required Experience - 2 years exp. as Childbirth Educator
Registered Nurse and or Childbirth Educator Certification.
• Develops, revises and implements curriculum for childbirth education classes.
• Provides a service oriented class atmosphere for community participants.
• Demonstrates acceptance of childbirth as a wellness concept, diversity of lifestyles, cultures and belief systems.
• Provides hospital infant safety information to patient and/or family member.
• Class content reflects current national standards
• Schedules classes and have instructors available to meet customer demand
• Meets department needs by acting as a substitute instructor and or secures a substitute instructor as necessary.
• Precepts and/or mentors new employees and students
• Reviews class schedule with manager
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes
• Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
• Collaborates with other team members to resolve patient issues.
• Actively participates in helping department to meet key performance indicators
• Utilizes sign-in sheet during class
• Serves as a patient advocate and initiates action to protect patient’s rights and/or preferences and promote
patient desired outcomes.
• Responds to patient and family questions with accurate and current information
• Demonstrates compliance for reporting abuse, ethical, and legal concerns and initiates appropriate referrals in
response to ethical dilemmas.
• Follows chain of command to address issues with class or classes.
• Class evaluations reflects patient satisfaction
Professional Accountability/Professional Growth:
• Actively participates in hospital initiatives or committees as appropriate.
• Attends 75% of department staff meetings and town halls.
• Adheres to system, hospital, and department policies and procedures.
• Completes mandatory training by established deadline.
• Completes employee health requirements by established deadline.
• Maintains licensure, certification, and/or registry as required by the job description
• Maintains current knowledge of clinical practice in Women’s and Infant’s service area
• Attends approved continuing education program(s) related to Family Education.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.