Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Graduate of an AMA approved diagnostic ultrasound training program and/or graduate of AMA approved radiologic technologic training program with experience in diagnostic ultrasound
MINIMUM LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Registered by ARDMS and/or ARRT as a Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS)
and registered by the ARDMS as a Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) or by the CCI as a
Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS)
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
2 years of experience which includes general and vascular
Previous supervisory or management experience preferred
MINIMUM SKILLS REQUIRED: Demonstrated competency in Ultrasound modality within 90 days of employment
WORK HOURS/SCHEDULE: Full Time, 40 Hrs/Wk,7:30am-4:00pm
Staff Supervision and Management of Daily Department Activities
1. Schedules staff to provide adequate coverage of all shifts including vacation schedules, absenteeism and turnover.
2. Oversees orientation, training and cross-training of new staff to department, assesses their ability to work independently, communicates policies and procedures to staff, and verifies orientation paperwork.
3. Implements and monitors performance evaluation procedures, establishes professional development goals, and counsels staff on an ongoing basis as appropriate.
4. Provides ongoing instruction and assistance with procedures, equipment, and PACS.
5. Manages supplies inventory including new products, linen and supplies usage, and par levels.
6. Organizes, maintains and updates records of purchases, ordered exams, statistics, and other lists.
7. Assists Education Coordinator in planning orientation and educational programs and in-services.
8. Assists with interview and selection of new employees.
9. Investigates complaints regarding patient care.
Technical and Equipment Standards:
1. Cooperates and coordinates with other managers in facilitating communication flow and procedures between technical, clerical, support staff, students and other departments
2. Monitors, compliance with EPA, OSHA, DSHS, TJC and hospital and department standards for safety, infection control, department aesthetics and equipment performance.
3. Monitors staff use of technique charts or protocols, patient documentation, reviewing films with technologists, and advising staff on improvements.
4. Troubleshoots processors, equipment and PACS problems, and performs minor repairs to equipment and processors.
5. Arranges for service of processors, equipment, PACS, and department repairs as required, and monitors the suitability of the repairs.
6. Ensures delivery and service reports for purchases, processor and equipment repairs are filed and recorded appropriately.
7. Ensures that standards of practice, technical quality, technique charts or protocols, patient and PACS documentation are correct.
Patient Care and Procedures
1. Assesses and recognizes the patient's emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions
2. Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations
3. Checks physician orders and exam requisitions, obtains patient history, and identifies patient correctly
4. Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member (if applicable prior to exam)
5. Performs procedures as required to assist technologists or fill in for absences or additional workload
6. Remains competent in and provides guidance to technologists in manipulating images, analyzing image quality, technique adjustments or need for repeat procedures
7. Demonstrates and explains proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS. Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS and prints laser images from modality or PACS
8. Safely administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines
Professional Accountability and Partnership
1. Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
2. Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email
3. Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
4. Manages time and reprioritizes as necessary
5. Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.