Frisco/Plano/Allen, TX US
Tx Center Joint Replacement
Area of Interest:
Certified Medical Assistant
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant/Scribe to work Full Time at Texas Center for Joint Replacement in Plano, TX
The schedule is Monday-Friday from 8:30AM to 5:00PM
Under the direction of the Physician and Practice Manager, responsible for the accurate translation of medical procedures and diagnosis discussed during treatments or office visits into the electronic medical record system (EMR) in an accurate and efficient manner.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
*1 year of related experience is required
*Scribe training within first 3 months of employment is required
*CMA is required
*BLS is preferred
• Able to demonstrate proficiency in typing and coding information into the medical records system.
• Able to identify errors or inconsistencies in medical reports and work with Providers to correct.
• Able to effectively communicate to staff and patients, including basic patient interview skills.
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Demonstrates sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Accompanies the Provider, except where prohibited by a patient’s request or confidentiality requirement, to record accurate documentation of all patient’s visits and procedures into the EMR system.
• Reviews content of all client electronic medical records for accuracy and completion prior to submission to the provider for final review and approval in accordance with practice guidelines.
• Assists in completing the chart by transcribing results of any lab, x-ray, or consultation, and/or other pertinent data into appropriate data fields as required.
• Records consultations or discussions with the family and/or any other medical or non-medical specialty service. Records diagnosis, discharge, prescriptions, and/or follow-up instructions.
• May be required to assist in the Medical Assistant role and perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• May perform preliminary physical tests, such as, measures blood pressure, record drug allergies, height, weight, temperature, pulse and respirations.
• May interview patients and verify patient information, confirming purpose of visit.
• Signs and dates all entries in the medical record, whether electronic or manual.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Practice Manager or Physician.
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work