Allen, TX US
Cardiac Cath Lab
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Allen
Texas Health Allen is seeking a Cardiovascular Special Procedures Tech in the Cardiac Cath Lab
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Minimum Education Required:
Graduate of an AMA approved Radiology Technology Program.
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: Registered by ARRT and licensed by the State; BCLS current upon hire. CI, VI, or CV registry preferred.
Minimum Experience Required:
1 year of experience as technologist required.
6 months interventional/cath experience preferred.
Minimum Skills Required:
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to think and act using independent and sound clinical judgement. Ability to effectively operate radiographic equipment and maintain consistent high quality imaging standards. Ability to follow established departmental protocols and procedures. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for emergent after hours call coverage.
- Checks accuracy of patients orders for relevancy prior to exam day for outpatients.
- Contacts physician office to acquire correct orders.
- Maintains physician order compliance with exam completed.
- Ensures proper supply par levels/inventory for exams.
- Provides patient history to radiologist for proper exam protocols.
- Ensures completion of patient forms for pregnancy/medication list.
- Adheres to appropriate standards regarding patient safety to include, falls precautions, proper hand washing, verification of two patient identifiers, exhibits proper sterile technique, practices standard precautions, and effectively conducts time outs when necessary.
- Provides proper patient education on exam, outcome, and follow up with primary care physician.
- Collaborates with other modalities regarding shared patients ensuring efficiency in patient exam workflow.
- Responds appropriately to age/culture/sex/emotional needs appropriate for patient.
- Educates patients on their appropriate level of understanding regarding exam details.
- Utilizes ticket to ride.
- Ensures proper body mechanics/appropriate equipment usage when transporting patients.
- Follows up with patient/radiologist regarding critical results and documents in EMR.
- Utilizes SALT (safety, action, learning, tool) to document unexpected outcomes including near miss.
- Ability to recognize patient distress and call for appropriate help.
- Ability to comfort patient’s emotional/physical/cognitive/ mental needs.
- Service recovery: ability to provide patients with choices when there will be a delay in service.
- Ability to start/monitor IV lines and document procedure in EMR.
- Follows appropriate protocol regarding the administration of contrast agent.
- Follows appropriate protocol regarding adverse reactions to contrast agent.
Cardiovascular and Special Procedures Imaging:
- Adheres to radiologist's protocols and exam instructions regarding diagnostic imaging requirements.
- Ability to provide explanations regarding limited studies and actively pursues other avenues to obtain quality imaging studies when the patient has limited ability to cooperate.
- Processes images to provide diagnostic image quality and provides accurate data for image interpretation.
- Uses proper annotations regarding body part/pathology.
- Modifies/Adjusts protocols to accommodate patient needs regarding age/body part/disease process.
- Utilizes quality controls and regulatory standards to ensure image quality and patient safety.
- Ensures completed exams are finalized in PACS and that reports are sent to ordering physician.
- Utilizes appropriate downtime forms and procedures when necessary.
- Ensures accurate exam charging and routes discrepancies/concerns to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Accesses HELP desk in a timely manner to resolve PACS issues and communicates all unresolved issues to immediate supervisor.
- Assists radiologist/cardiologist with scrubbing procedures, circulating, and providing hemodynamic analysis when needed.
- Ensures that all image post processing is transferred in a timely mannery to ensure optimal report turnaround.
- Utilizes ALARA and provides lowest possible dose through dose reduction techniques (pulse fluoro, lowering image intensifier, increasing table height, and reminding team regarding total fluoro exposure throughout case).
Equipment Operation and Maintenance:
- Maintains a sanitary environment for safe patient care and routinely cleans equipment after patient use.
- Appropriately handles disposal of chemicals and utilizes appropriae disinfectants for cleaning of equipment.
- Uses first in first out for proper rotation of stock and supplies.
- Ensures that all equipment utilized has been properly inspected and that preventative maintenance has been performed and documented per manufacturer recommendations.
- Crash carts and all patient safety equipment checked daily in your area prior to commencement of daily operations.
- Calls for service and reports equipment issues to biomedical engineering in a timely manner.
- Ensures x-ray tube warm up is performed as appropriate.
- Proficiently operates all image acquisition equipment and advanced post processing workstations.
Perform other duties as assigned
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union