Willow Park, TX US
Willow Park - Imaging
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Willow Park
Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology or enhanced program
2 years as a CT technologist
Current: ARRT (R),ARRT (CT) or registry eligible, current TDH licensure and AHA BCLS training
Computer skills, customer service skills Radiology Imaging Manager
Hours are - variable shifts
1. Prepares room for examination
2. Checks Physician orders, exam requisition, verifies appropriate reason for exam
3. Greets patient and acknowledges patient, uses two forms of ID to identify correct patient
4. Appropriately handles, IV's. O2, chest tubes, urine bags and other patient devices
5. Obtains patient history and symptoms
6. Verifies patient pregnancy status and relays info to patient concerning the exposure to radiation.
7. Uses proper body mechanics to ensure safety of patient and staff.
8. Displays proper etiquette to patients and family members
9. Transports patients safely to and from exam room and waiting area.
10. Safely administers contrast media and other medications according to protocol.
11. Adapts procedures to reflect developmental consideration and any physical handicaps or hardships.
12. Practices proper hand hygiene and equipment disinfecting to control the spread of disease.
13. Demonstrates knowledge of emergency equipment and response protocol.
14. Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions for continuity of care.
Imaging procedures, quality control, and equipment maintenance and operation
Core Belief: To improve the health of the people in the communities we serve and customer satisfaction.
1. Explains procedure to patient,guardian or family member if applicable prior to imaging in words that are easily understandable.
2. Follows procedure guidelines, but must show ability to troubleshoot and adjust technical factors to perform the best exam possible
for the patient according to ALARA concept..
3. Completes exam in a timely manner, being conscious to patient's comfort and safety.
4. Processes and manipulates patient data to provide best image quality and accuracy for interpretation.
5. Maintains attention to detail and quality control, adjusting technical factors to compensate for clinical diagnosis and patient condition.
6. Analyzes image quality and technique adjustments, and reports any discrepancies to Radiology Engineering for any maintenance issues.
7. Verbalize troubleshooting techniques to supervisor.
8. Performs all quality control and quality assurance testing according to TDH, department protocol, regulatory standards and manufacturing
Accountability, partnership, and continuous improvements.
Core Belief: Each person is accountable to communicate and integrate his / her contribution to health care beginning with a healthy culture
which is enhanced through self care
1. Each person is accountable to communicate with staff and other health care workers any issues that may affect patient safety and care.
2. Uses THR philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, coworkers
3. Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication
4. Flexible with schedules and workload assignments to the changing needs of the department and patient load.
5. Participates in department quality improvement processes
6. Attends department continuing education meetings and maintains licensures.
7. Checks hospital and departmental emails
to stay current on customer and department service issues and to improve communication with all
THR employees and entities.
8. Maintain and enhances technical skills and industry advancements.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.