Cleburne, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Cleburne
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
•Graduate of an accredited school of Radiology or enhanced program
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
•0 - 6 months in CT (Hospital experience preferred)
MINIMUM LICENSURE / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
•ARRT (R, CT), TDH (CMRT) , CPR
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS:
•Communication skills to include speaking and understanding English language
•Excellent customer service skills
Work Hours/Schedule: Full Time (30 Hrs/Wk), Saturday, Sunday & Monday Nights: 9:00pm-7:00am
- Assesses and recognizes the patient's emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psycho-social conditions.
- Prepares room for examination (ie: suction, oxygen, supplies).
- Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
- Greets and acknowledges patient using two forms of identification.
- Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitors patient during imaging.
- Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment / crash cart checks.
- Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
- Administers contrast media and other medications in accordance with medication administration guidelines.
- Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
- Appropriate response to age-specific and cultural needs are met.
- Ensuring patient apparatus is in working order and ready to use to eliminate patient risk.
- Exam and relevant clinical information is accurate.
- The correct examination is performed on the correct patient.
- The patient receives the appropriate care in consultation with Radiologist.
- The patient's procedure is performed without incident.
- Patients in distress are responded to appropriately.
- Right patient, right medication, right dose, right route and right time are used according to age-specific needs.
- Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to exam.
- Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest.
- Performs complex procedures including age-related criteria and developmental considerations.
- Adjusts technique parameters appropriately for age-related factors.
- Assists Radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique.
- Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or repeat procedures as needed.
- Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS/RIS.
- Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
- Prints laser images from modality or PACS.
- Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling and other modalities.
Keywords: “Radiology CT Scan”, “Radiology”, CT Technologist”, “X-Ray”, “ARRT”, “CT Technologist”, “CT”, “Cleburne”, “Hospital”
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.