Cleburne, TX US
FOOD SERVICES WAL
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Cleburne
PRN (As Needed), shifts will included weekdays, weekends and holidays.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
A high school diploma or its equivalent as accepted by the Texas Education Agency; or obtain a high school diploma or equivalency program expected to lead to graduation or equivalent within 1 year.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
1-year relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or Institution.
Meet all city, state, and federal certification standards within 30 days of employment
*Reading, basic math, written language in English
* Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
* Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
* Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
* Work in all areas of production for learning and competency in food preparation, grill cooking, sanitation, and quality standards.
* Understands how to read and prepare simple recipes to department standards.
* Demonstrate ability to operate and grill foods.
* Demonstrate proper sanitation in areas worked and understanding of sanitation codes.
* Observe and taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture.
* Follow simple standardized recipes.
* Demonstrate and understands department standards of food quality and recipe taste. * Demonstrate ability to correct recipes.
* Check temperature of food items and refrigerated units and follow-up procedures if temperatures are inadequate take corrective action.
* Demonstrate proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items.
* Demonstrate proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of refrigerated units.
* Demonstrate procedure to follow when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
* Deliver food supply items to designate areas in an accurate and timely manner.
* Follow timetables for production and delivery supplies.
* Demonstrate knowledge of inventory of items needed.
* Learn to organize work for maximum production, accurately follow production sheets and avoid over production.
* Demonstrate ability to organize work. Read, follow and understand production sheets.
* Follow established standards for food safety and sanitation.
* Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow guidelines for safe handling of food.
* Demonstrate ability to follow established standards for food safety and sanitation.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.