Arlington, TX US
Clinical Decision Support
Area of Interest:
Information Services or Technology
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources is currently seeking an Epic Cogito Business Systems Analyst. Epic Cogito Business Analyst is responsible for the overall success of analytics and for coordinating analytics tasks across all applications. He/she will lead the Epic Clinical Reporting projects.
Relocation Provided: Y
DAYS: Monday - Friday
HOURS: 8a - 5p
Rotating on call expected; some extended hours.
6 years relevant experience in planning and implementing new information systems for reporting and/ or planning and integrating new technologies into existing systems for reporting.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field OR 4 additional years relevant work experience in lieu of a degree.
• Translating user requirements into detailed technical specifications and participating in reviewing technical specifications and developed solutions.
• Performing systems administration/reporting/project management for complex BI reporting environments including Epic Reporting applications (Reporting Workbench, Radar, BOE applications).
• Epic Clinical Module Experience
• Relational Databases and Structured Query language (SQL) including MS SQL Server (2005 and higher), DB2 and Oracle (10g or higher) or Epic
Epic Cogito PM Certification preferred. Epic Cogito PM certification required within 6 months of hire.
• Communication and presentation skills and a proven ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization; including business unit functional leaders and technical experts. Expert understanding of information systems, business processes.
• Analytical and product management skills required, including an advanced understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands for resources.
• Knowledge of business intelligence tools, relational database, and data warehouse concepts. Ability to write SQL queries for data exploration, analysis, at test case development.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.